Compensation Moves Front and Center
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/2/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p26
The article presents updates related to the business sector in the Middle East. Rating agency Standard & Poor's has upgraded its long-term counterparty credit rating for the BankMuscat. Mobile operator Mobily has recorded a 167.3 percent turnaround in pre-tax profit in 2006. Carlyle Group has...
- A Fork in the Road. Freed, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/12/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p18
The article provides information about the developments of Wachovia Bank company for 2005 in the U.S. The company has leased four floors in the Seagram Building on Park Avenue in New York and was able to hire executives from other competitor banks. Some of its new executives coming from JPMorgan...
- John Duffield's Brompton to run five discretionary portfolios for Money Wise IFA. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;11/6/2012, p11
The article announces that John Duffield has been appointed by Brompton Asset Management LLP as investment manager at Money Wise Independent Financial Advisers in Bath, England.
- Fear of multi-tie migration. // Money Marketing;5/16/2002, p14
Focuses on the criticism of IFA Promotion (IFAP) to the CP121 proposals in Great Britain due to the failure to distinguish between different sorts of authorized financial adviser. Disadvantage of multi-tie agreements; Support of the IFAP for capitalization of the independent financial adviser...
- DuPont Capital Adds to Executive Sales Team. // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p9
The article announces the appointment of William Smith Jr. as business development principal and Paul Leahy as head of relationship management at institutional investment management firm DuPont Capital Management.
- Kemper Promotes Operations Chief to CEO . // American Banker;5/23/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 99, p5
Reports on the announcement of Kemper Insurance Cos. regarding the promotion of its president and chief operating officer William D. Smith to the post of chief executive officer.
- IFAP says advisers getting more tech-friendly. // Money Marketing;10/23/2003, p21
Cites the research conducted by IFA Promotion showing that independent financial advisers are becoming more educated as well as technology- and gender-friendly.
- Media-friendly IFAs listed in new edition of directory. // Money Marketing;5/9/2002, p26
Reports on the fourth edition of IFA Promotion's (IFAP) press services directory for journalists, with a record number of independent financial adviser (IFA) firms willing to offer help to the media; Advantage of IFA in using the directory; Comments from IFAP chief executive David Elms about the...
- Adjust Your Rejection Perception. Finley, David C. // Advisor Today;Sep2010, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p66
The article discusses the steps to change perception and understand the art of rejection in business. It states the need for financial advisors to challenge the negative belief on rejection and to conquer fear because rejection is a natural part of the selling process. It also notes that it is...