Merrill Bolsters Wealth Management
- With Merrill, BofA Could Return to Emerging Markets. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;9/22/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p14
The article focuses on the benefits gained by Bank of America Corp. (BofA) in acquiring Merrill Lynch & Co. The acquisition will allow BofA to return at the emerging markets in both Latin America and Europe. Merrill will also help them to expand and resonate because it already made several...
- UTStarcom up for 'strategic alternatives'. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p14
The article reports on the retention of Merrill Lynch as the financial adviser of UTStarcom Inc. The move could indicate that UTStarcom is openly seeking to sell itself or merge with another company. Its engagement with Merrill Lynch is expected to help it examine strategic alternatives. The...
- Bank Merger? Merrill Shrugs Off Idea. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;2/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 22, p24
Reports the rumor on the alleged merging with commercial bank by Merrill Lynch & Co. in New York. Rumors on the linkage of the company with HSCBC Holdings PLC; Clarification of E. Stanley O'Neal, president and chief executive officer of the company to rumors; Contentment on the credit...
- Merrill Hires a Middle-Market M&A Team. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;8/8/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 151, p2
Reports on Merrill Lynch's hiring of a team of merger and acquisitions advisers to specialize in midsize financial institutions. Creation of a financial institutions unit within the firm's middle-market mergers advisory group; Responsibilities and experiences of the advisers.
- Why All the Worry? Foroohar, Rana // Newsweek;12/20/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 25, pE8
Interviews Stan O'Neal, the CEO of Merrill Lynch. Thoughts on how the stock market uncertainty might affect his business strategy for 2005; What investments will be hot in the coming year; Thoughts on the recent flight from stocks and the rumors of a merger for his company; Qualities that...
- Merrill confirms deal to buy piece of Pru's mortgage business. Ratner, Julianna // American Banker;5/2/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 84, p10
Reports on the agreement by the Merrill Lynch and Company, New York, to buy a piece of Prudential Insurance Company of America's mortgage unit. Where the deal was reported; Details of the Lender's Service Incorporation; Continued services to the clients of the unit.
- IDD OutTakes. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p4
Presents news concerning investment dealers as of October 2005. Return by Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. to the Japanese brokerage business; Appointment of Andreas Dombret as vice chairman of investment banking in Europe at Bank of America; Plan of UBS to purchase a 20% stake in Beijing Securities.
- Merrill Scouts for Opportunities Abroad. Bloomberg News // American Banker;6/21/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 118, p19
The article reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. is planning to expand outside of the United States. The company is discussing acquisitions and joint ventures, according to vice chairman Robert McCann. Merrill Lynch hopes to profit from expanding international stock markets. The company earned 11%...
- CardWorks Has Deadline to Exit $300M Deal. BERGQUIST, ERICK // American Banker;7/12/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 132, p10
The article discusses the CompuCredit Corp.'s deal to buy CardWorks Inc. CompuCredit announced it's intention to buy CardWorks in September 2005 for $270 million but the deal has been stalled since then. CardWorks can exit the deal by June 12, 2006 or until it receives a loan that it has been...
- MetLife Unit Gets Merrill Lynch Distribution Deal for Variables. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;3/15/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 51, p10
Reports the distribution deal between Metlife Investors and Merrill Lynch & Co. to promote sales of annuities in the U.S. Total amount of annuities sold by Merrill Lynch; Lists of companies involved in the distribution deal of Metlife; Increase in sales of variable products.