Unlocking the Key to Our Hearts
- The Right Fit. Worrell, David // Entrepreneur;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on the advantage of using boutique private equity groups (PEG) as funding partners for small businesses in the U.S. Benefits offered by boutique private equity firms such as Silvercloud Cos. of Denver; Characteristics of boutique PEG; Nature of the investment criteria and expectations of...
- Abbey National: a game of two halves. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p85
Reports on the plan of Abbey National's plan to split its core personal finance unit. Performance of the company's wholesale banking and private equity divisions; Appointment of executives for the units; Profit and pretax loss.
- Private equity investors keep focus on European hotel industry. Paul, James // Pensions & Investments;11/29/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p32
This article states that a new report by the hotel group of Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels, Frankfurt, shows private equity investment in Europe's hotels sector on the increase. The report, part of the group's Hotel Topics series, shows 33% of acquisitions in the past three years were done by private...
- Standard defends equity weighting. Stones, John // Money Marketing;2/13/2003, p3
Reports on the controversies surrounding the pro-equity weighting practices by the Great Britain-based company, Standard Life Co. Grant of guaranteed bonuses by the company; Impact on the financial performance of the company; Implications for the financial services industry.
- Indiana Designs Private Equity Structure. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;5/28/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 22, pN.PAG
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund is planning to finish the design for a structure of its private equity portfolio. Amount allocated by the fund to the asset class; Fund's plans to launch a $1.25 billion U.S. equity search and hire additional...
- Satellite Financing: New Avenues Open Market to More Players. Holmes, Mark // VIA Satellite;1/1/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p7
The article informs on the increasing interest of the financial sector in the satellite industries as investment options. It is mentioned that these industries presents very low economic risk and high profitability and hence are preferred by investment banks, export credit agencies and private...
- FCA fines Aberdeen Â£7.2m over client money failings. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/3/2013, p11
The article reports on the decision of the British Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to penalize finance companies Aberdeen Asset Managers and Aberdeen Fund Management for failure to protect client money. The fine will cost the firms 7.2 million pounds. The FCA discovered that allowing third...
- Empire State Teachers Hire For Private Equity. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;11/7/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the selection of several finance companies for the New York State Teacher's Retirement System's private equity investments. Amount committed by the plan to each firm; Extension of the plan's contacts with State Street Global Advisors and Callan Associates.
- DLB Capital sees opportunities among asset managers. Bruno, Mark // Pensions & Investments;1/8/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p23
This presents information on the planning of the private equity firm DLB Capital Corp. to raise up to $1.5 billion for use in the financial services industry in the wake of promising investment opportunities in asset management companies. According to Douglas Brown, one of the firm's founding...