- TWICE HOSTS AUDIO PARLEY. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the roundtable discussion on the problems facing the U.S. audio equipment industry as of December 2003, hosted by Joseph Palenchar, senior editor of periodical " This Week in Consumer Electronics." Status of audio component sales; Overview of the problems.
- Home Audio: How Do We Get Out Of This Mess? (Part 1). // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p16
Provides an overview of the issues facing the U.S. home audio equipment industry tackled by industry executives and representatives of the Consumer Electronics Association during a roundtable discussion hosted by "The Week in Consumer Electronics" senior editor Joseph Palenchar in December 2003....
- Provisioning QoS for WiFi-enabled Portable Devices in Home Networks. Eun-Chan Park; Nojun Kwak; Suk Kyu Lee; Jong-Kook Kim; Hwangnam Kim // KSII Transactions on Internet & Information Systems;Apr2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p720
Wi-Fi-enabled portable devices have recently been introduced into the consumer electronics market. These devices download or upload content, from or to a host machine, such as a personal computer, a laptop, a home gateway, or a media server. This paper investigates the fairness among multiple...
- Sherwood Adds AirPlay, Wi-Fi Direct, And Soundbar. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/17/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p36
The article offers brief information on two audio/video (A/C) receivers (AVR), namely the R-807 AVR with wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) Direct and the R-977 AVR with built-in Wi-Fi and Apple AirPlay, and the S-9 active soundbar, from Sherwood.
- iTweak. Sasso, Len // Electronic Musician;Apr2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p44
The article reports on the use of iOS device as a MIDI control surface. It mentions that OpenSound Control (OSC) can be used as a design for network communication. It cites the software Hexler TouchOSC which is an iOS application that hosts OSC control surfaces and handles WiFi communication in...
- Untitled. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p36
Evaluates the Music Keg Wireless fidelity capable car audio system from Kenwood. Information on its hard-drive cartridge system; Price; Advantages.
- Untether Thyself. Regenold, Stephen // Popular Science;Oct2005, Vol. 267 Issue 4, p18
Features several wireless headphones. Logitech Wireless Headphones for MP3; LTB Freezone Wireless Fidelity; Nokia Wireless Stereo Headset HS-12W.
- TDK Will Re-Enter U.S. Audio Market. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/6/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p12
The article reports on the plan of TDK to re-enter the U.S. audio market in 2011 with a new audio line debuting at International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January. It cites that the TDK brand plans to launch premium home and portable audio products that include boomboxes priced up to...
- Omnifi Building Dealer Base, Product Line. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/3/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p92
Audio equipment manufacturer Omnifi is diversifying its dealer base with additional online sites and its first independent dealers as of May 2004. The company is also considering computer specialty chains for its products, which connect home and car audio systems to home personal computers...