- Johnson controls: Strongly committed to `a performance-based approach'. MILLER, MIKE // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/25/99, Vol. 206 Issue 4, p30
Reports that Johnson Controls is strongly committed to a performance-based offering. Factors which are rapidly becoming basic business concerns; Information on the company's variable air volume (VAV) Modular Assembly (VMA); Benefits of blending electronics with mechanical devices.
- Give Credit Where It's Due. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/25/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 17, p30
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the 12th annual instructor contest in the U.S. The author announces that the journal is accepting nominations for the 2011 Instructor of the Year. She adds that the contest aims to recognize and reward the instructors who have dedicated their...
- calendar of events. // Snips;Aug2009, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p88
A calendar of events for the heating, ventilating and air-conditioning industry is presented including the 19th annual Metalcon International Conference and Exhibition to be held on October 6- 8, 2009 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida, the 66th annual convention of the Sheet Metal...
- Ductless Marketers Touting U.S. Growth. Schwartz, Kimberly // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/25/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the growth of ductless air condition systems in the U.S. According to ductless air conditioner manufacturers, the heightened awareness of the technology is one of the main reasons for the growth. The author discusses aspects of the ductless system in reducing energy...
- what's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/5/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p8
The article features several products available to help American heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning contractors in their businesses. They include Takagi Industrial's T-K3 residential tankless water heaters, Z-Flex's drain-backflow adapter for Takagi on-demand water heaters, and Advanced...
- Crunching The Numbers On Equipment. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/12/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 15, p8
Presents information on commercial cooling products available in the United States. Focus on the commercial sector of the air conditioning industry; Product brand, company, product model and type; Unit size, cooling capacity, compressor type and refrigerant.
- The Cold Facts On New Products For 2004. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/12/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 15, p9
Introduces several cooling products available in the U.S. air conditioning market. Focus on the commercial segment of the air conditioning industry; Model description, economizer availability and technical support; Thermostat and replacement parts compatibility and other additional features.
- Canadian Heater Shipments Increase. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/29/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 13, p4
According to statistics from the Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada, in Canada during the fourth quarter of 2003, unit heater shipments continued to increase by 32 percent over the fourth quarter of 2002. Chiller bookings increased by 14 percent, commercial air...
- letters. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/19/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 12, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles from previous issues, including "The HVAC Trade Needs to Get Mad Over This" by John R. Hall in the January 29, 2007 issue, "Following Brad Bartz" by Mark Skaer in the January 29, 2007 issue and "The Best Contractor to Work For"...