Feasting on the Dinar
- Exchange Rates: Recent Developments. // Iraq Country Monitor;Nov2011, p11
The article discusses developments in exchange rates of Iraq as of November 2011. Muhammad Salih, member of the Iraqi Central Bank advisory panel, says that monetary authorities will consider re-denominating the currency of the country. It says that in 2003, the government altered its former...
- Kuwait: Dinar Peg Adjusted Upwards. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/10/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the revaluation of the Kuwaiti dinar in January 2005. Impact of exchange rate appreciation on the economy; Increase in the country's inflation rate in 2004; Value of the re-pegged dinar against the U.S. dollar.
- Exchange Rates: Recent Developments. // Tunisia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p9
The article discusses the developments in exchange rates in Tunisia. It states that the Tunisian dinar depreciated against the U.S. dollar an euro in 2010 but regained its strength in 2011. It notes that the international reserves in Tunisia declined for the fourth straight month in December...
- Dollar Bounce: Key Regional Implications. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/11/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p18
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. dollar against currencies of countries in the Middle East. It is noted that authorities have allowed the Kuwaiti dinar to weaken against the U.S. dollar, given the global market developments. On the other hand, it is predicted that exchange rate...
- Exchange Rates: Outlook. // Iraq Country Monitor;Nov2011, p10
The article focuses on the outlook for the exchange rates in Iraq. It states that the Iraqi dinar exchange rate is expected to reach 1170/U.S. dollars (USD) 1.00 by the end of 2011. It mentions that the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) will let the Iraqi dinar steadily appreciate against USD in the...
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);May95, p1
Focuses on the value of the United States dollar. Dollar as preferred unit of account for international transactions; Fluctuation of the dollar; Reason for the fall of the dollar's exchange value; Needed changes in policies.
- Bilateral exchange rate of the dollar and stock returns. Adrangi, Bahram; Ghazanfari, Farrokj // Atlantic Economic Journal;Jun96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p179
Examines the causality between the dollar's exchange value and stock returns in the United States and abroad using a bilateral model of exchange rates. Formulation of variation of the monetary model of Dornbursch; Multivariate Granger causality regressions.
- U.S. Dollar Asymmetry And Exchange Rate Volatility. Laopodis, Nikiforos T. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Spring97, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Presents information on a study which explores the stochastic behavior of exchange rates the United States dollar appreciation and depreciation. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- A PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF FLOATING EXCHANGE RATES ON INTERNATIONAL AND VEHICLE CURRENCY USES OF U.S. DOLLARS. Swanson, Peggy E. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring87, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p3
This paper attempts to determine if the international and vehicle currency roles of the U.S. dollar were affected significantly when the United States adopted floating exchange rates in 1973. Thus, the role of dollar transactions in foreigners' demand for U.S. dollars during a period of fixed...