Taking Their Medicine
- Merck's Vioxx uses expanded. // Caribbean Business;4/25/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 17, pS4
Reports that Merck & Co. Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved changes to the prescribing information for its Vioxx brand of the refecoxib drug. Inclusion of relief from symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis; Results from its gastrointestinal research study.
- Merck postpones PBM spinoff amid accounting questions. Mcleod, Douglas // Business Insurance;7/15/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p6
Reports the launch of the Medco Health Solutions Inc. unit of the pharmaceutical company Merck & Co. Inc. in New York. Condition of the stock market; Financial issues; Deduction in the copayments by the drug company.
- STOCK TO WATCH: MERCK. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;12/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 51, p17
Deals with Whitehouse Station, New Jersey-based pharmaceutical firm Merck & Co. Inc. Research spending for 2001; Estimates of earnings per share in 2001; Five key products.
- Merck. // Formulary;Oct2000 Resource Guide, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p59
Features the Merck & Co., a pharmaceutical manufacturer. Focus of its research and development efforts; Investment plans for worldwide research and development; Top-producing products; Acquisition of the Sibia Neurosciences, a biotechnology firm; Pharmaceutical products that have received...
- Merck releases first-quarter 2003 earnings report. // Caribbean Business;5/1/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p14
Reports on release of the first quarter 2003 earnings report of drug manufacturer Merck & Co. Inc. Increase in net income and pharmaceutical sales profit; Sales projections for the rest of the year; Impact of product performance on sales.
- Pharma: Other News To Note. // BioWorld Today;3/14/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p6
This section offers news briefs on pharmaceutical companies as of March 14, 2013 including a license deal between Merck & Co. Inc. and Luminex Corp. and the plans of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. and Scripps Research Institute to expand their research partnership.
- Launching Now... // Drug Store News;6/28/99, Vol. 21 Issue 10, pCP1
Covers news items concerning the pharmaceutical industry of the United States as of June 28, 1999. Emphasis on the appropriate use of Xenical; Approval of Vioxx, a cox-2 inhibitor manufactured by Merck; Launching of G.D. Searle's unbranded television advertising campaign for Celebrex.
- Merck sets massive buyback. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/25/2015, pA02
The article reports on the rise in the stock of drugmaker Merck in extended trade after adding $10 billion to its share buyback program.
- Merck to Slash 4,400 Jobs on Flat Third Quarter. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p2
Details the 2003 third quarter results posted by U.S. pharmaceutical firm Merck & Co. Inc. Net income; Total revenues.