SAAG AND ALOO MATTAR
- The Greens Revolution. Waters, Christina // Vegetarian Times;May99, Issue 261, p38
Presents vegetarian recipes created by Greens Restaurant in San Francisco, California. Potato Cakes with Green Garlic and Asiago Cheese; Beet and Fennel Salad with Tangerine-Shallot Vinaigrette; Tangerine-Shallot Vinaigrette.
- Spring Greening. Raisfeld, Robin // New York;04/19/99, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p50
No abstract available.
- GREEN MACHINES. // Men's Health (10544836);Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p68
This article presents a vegetarian diet for men. Spinach, green vegetables and cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and brussels sprouts contain: vitamins, including A, C, K and folate; minerals, including calcium and magnesium; fiber; and beta-carotene. The vegetables help fight cancer,...
- Standing the Test of Time. Davis, Carla // Vegetarian Times;Jun2004, Issue 322, p6
Introduces a series of articles related to vegetarian cooking which appeared in the June 2004 issue of the journal "Vegetarian Times."
- Vegetarian options expand at New Orleans eateries. Fitzmorris, Tom // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p16
A list of the top 10 best vegetarian eateries in New Orleans, Louisiana which have a track record of serving first-class vegetarian dishes is presented. The number one vegetarian restaurant is the Bayona located at 430 Dauphine St., followed by La Provence located at 25020 U.S. Highway 190,...
- Vegetarian Foods Taking Off at Nation's Airports. // Good Medicine;Winter2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine's (PCRM) eighth annual Airport Food Review, which showed that at least one low-fat high-fiber, cholesterol-free vegetarian option is served at 80% of the airports' restaurants. The study revealed that 95% of the restaurants...
- What Am I? Sheklow, Sally // Lesbian News;Jan2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p42
In this article, the author, a lesbian, talks about her relationship with her girlfriend. She says her girlfriend grew up in Cleveland in her parents' Jewish Deli. She brought the author home to meet her mother and they had lunch at the old family restaurant. The author had chopped liver there...
- Vegetarian Fine Dining. Ramani, Sandra // Organic Spa Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p46
The article discusses the growth of the number of fine dining restaurants that offer vegetarian options in their menu. It is inferred that the trend reflects the realization of many high-end chefs that foods come in all forms and that their skills are better tested by catering to all their...
- Meatless in the Mainstream. Roberts Jr., William A. // Prepared Foods;Mar2002, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the growth of the vegetarian food market in the United States. Factors attributed to the growth of the vegetarian food market in the country; Information on the most popular meat alternatives in the country; Outlook on the market for soy milks.