Network storage's Dark side
- HP sees Net future in Compaq. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;9/10/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the merger proposal of the computer companies Hewlett-Packard and Compaq Computer. Financial performance of both companies; Plans of Hewlett-Packard in the merger; Views on the capability of the combined companies.
- HP's pending PWC buyout: No easy deal. Musich, Paula // eWeek;09/18/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p14
Reports on the Hewlett-Packard (HP) Co.'s potential acquisition of PricewaterhouseCoopers' consulting business. Impact of the potential merger on the computer industry; Similar mergers between technology and services-focused companies; Comments of several industry observers on the impact of the...
- Thenew.hp faces new.problems. // Australian Personal Computer;Jul2002, Issue 283, p13
Reports the merger of Hewlett-Packard Co. with Compaq Computer Corp. in the information technology sector in Australia. Announcement of surviving product lines; Maximization of brand equity; Cost savings in manufacturing and marketing.
- THE NEW HP: AFTER THE WEDDING. Watt, Peggy; McLeod, Ramon G. // PC World;Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the significance of the merger of Hewlett-Packard and Compaq Computer Corp. on the computer industry. Speculations on the phasing out of the HP vectra line and Omnibook notebook; Decision of HP to shelve consumer entertainment devices; Decline of choices for computer users. INSET:...
- H-P/Fluke form distribution alliance. // Industrial Heating;Jun97, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p28
Details on the agreement of Hewlett-Packard Company, Palo Alto, California and Fluke Corporation, Everett, Washington that will enable customers to buy HP's instruments from the selected distributors of Fluke products. Coverage of the agreement; How the alliance has helped the Fluke Corporation.
- Culture Clash? Swartz, Jon // World Trade;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p26
Examines how Hewlett-Packard (HP) company can address some problems regarding its merger with Compaq Computer company in the U.S. Impact of the lawsuit filed by a dissident Compaq stockholder against the acquisition of Compaq by HP; Logistical problems experienced by HP; Decline of employee morale.
- HP outfits Unix with security tools. Leon, Mark // InfoWorld;2/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the acquisition of SecureWare Incorporated by Hewlett-Packard Company. Reason for Hewlett-Packard's acquisition; Enhanced SecureWare version of HP-UX operating system; Interface based on Hypertext Markup Language; Comments from HP's Internet security marketing manager, Marianne Cali.
- HP customers nurse worries. Neel, Dan; Sullivan, Tom // InfoWorld;1/14/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on a survey by Interex released in January 2002, which revealed the worries of Hewlett-Packard (HP) computer customers on the merger between HP and Compaq. Key findings; Implications of the results.
- No time left means no time like now. Vizard, Michael // InfoWorld;9/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p8
Comments on the merger proposal between Hewlett-Packard and Compaq. Emergence of Web services; Innovation of personal computers; Efforts on value-added business process integration.