Who is DVD's One True Master?
- The DVD Test Disc. // Image Technology;May1999, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p29
The article features the DVD Test Disc developed by Great Britain-based Tektronix Inc., Electric Switch and Nimbus Co. It contains pre-coded video sequences as used by the Tektronix PQA200 Picture Quality Analysis system. The disc may be played in any DVD player to enable measurement of Picture...
- Nimbus opens Provo plant. Pemberton, Heather // CD-ROM Professional;Feb95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p89
Reports on Nimbus CD International's opening of a state-of-the-art compact disc (CD) manufacturing facility in Provo, Utah.
- You're not hallucinating. M.A. // Popular Science;Dec95, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p35
Looks at the holographic CDs. Comments from John Town, corporate director of Research and Development for Nimbus CD International; Nimbus' expectations.
- Movies to feature on double-density CD. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;2/6/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1859, p20
Reports that Nimbus, the British record manufacturer, recently demonstrated that it is now possible to store a full-length feature film with a stereo soundtrack on one side of a standard 12-centimeter CD. What is needed to play the film; What the conventional CD was designed for; When it...
- Nimbus trims down to beef up capacity. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;3/31/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Nimbus CD International Incorporated is consolidating operations in the western United States. Increase in its annual domestic capacity to 185-million compact discs; Comments from Lyndon J. Faulkner, president and chief executive officer; Nimbus' acquisition of an 82,...
- Carlton Communications to acquire Nimbus. Verna, Paul // Billboard;06/27/98, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p6
Discusses the merger agreement between Carlton Communications plc and Nimbus CD International. Terms of the deal, including outstanding shares offer from Carlton; Comments of Carlton Chairman Michael Green on how the acquisition complements the strength of Technicolor, Carlton's subsidiary, in...
- Nimbus invests heavily in DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p61
Reports that Nimbus CD International has invested toward service improvements, compact disc capacity increases, and digital video disc (DVD) manufacturing capability. Amount of investment; Explanation of DVDs.
- Carlton purchases Nimbus CD. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;6/22/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the acquisition of optical disc maker Nimbus CD International Incorporated by Carlton Communications plc of London, England. Value of this acquisition; Benefits of this acquisition to Carlton's Technicolor division; Information on the services offered by Nimbus; Statistics on Nimbus'...
- Donnelly and Nimbus form alliance. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p33
Reports on the plan of R.R. Donnelly & Sons and Nimbus CD International to set up a joint CD-ROM manufacturing facility in Provo, Utah.