Asian Pirates, Beware: C-Dilla Sics SafeDisc on Piracy-Prone Pacific Rim
- Off key. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;07/10/99, Vol. 163 Issue 2194, p20
Focuses on the development of a software program called AudioLok that prevents audio CDs from being read in a CD-ROM drive. Uses of the program created by C-Dilla; How thanks to SafeDisc even with the authorization code a copied CD-ROM cannot be read; The insertion of false error codes that go...
- Nimbus Introduces Theft Protection Holographic Image. // CD-ROM Professional;Nov95, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p16
States that Nimbus Manufacturing and Applied Holographics PLC have developed a proprietary patented holographic technology. Reasons why; Conterfeit software; Comments from Lyndon Faulkner, president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Nimbus.
- CD ROM virus collection underscores the need for anti-virus protection. Schurr, Amy // PC Week;10/24/94, Vol. 11 Issue 42, pN/18
Focuses on the need for anti-virus protection of CD-ROMs. CD-ROM virus collection; Downloading of Sawicki's ALERT.TXT file from NOVUSER Library 1; Discussion of computer virus issues; Online conference on CompuServe on October 25, 1994.
- Macrovision, C-Dilla license SAFEDISC antipiracy technology. // EMedia Professional;Sep98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p15
Focuses on a comprehensive licensing program of Macrovision Corp. and C-Dilla Ltd. allowing mastering facilities and replicators to offer the SAFEDISC antipiracy technology to their clients. Two licensing options for facilities seeking to offer the SAFEDISC technology.
- ISP's CD/ID developed to deter software theft. // Computers in Libraries;Jun97, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Announces the release of CD/ID, an invisible ink marking pen used to label computer software, tapes and CD-ROMs, by Innovative Security Products. Features; Vendor contact information.
- Macrovision Acquires C-Dilla CD-ROM Technologies Developer. // CD Computing News;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the acquisition of outstanding shares in C-Dilla Ltd. by Macrovision Corp. Products of C-Dilla; Benefit of the acquisition for Macrovision; Estimated value of the acquisition.
- New CD-ROM Drive with Disc Eject Keylock. // Information Today;Oct1991, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p23
This article evaluates TCDR-6000, a CD-ROM drive released by Todd Enterprises Inc. Combined with a keylock to prevent unauthorized removal of a CD disc, the TCDR-6000 is ideal where security is a concern. The new TCDR-6000s are shipped with the keylock as a standard feature at no additional...
- Exposures. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;1/24/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 16, p7
The article focuses on incidents of identity theft in the United States. Employees of Xerox Corporation have cited the theft of a laptop belonging to a human resources manager as the source of several cases of identity theft. The Chicago Board of Elections released compact discs which included...
- It's inaction stations as game pirates run amok. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;04/22/2000, Vol. 166 Issue 2235, p14
Reports on technology that could increase the difficulty of copying video games used by the Sony PlayStation. Length of time for which C-Dilla, a company owned by the video anti-piracy company Macrovision, has had a solution to the problem; Problems with the authentication codes of the...