Finding Love Online: The Nature and Frequency of Australian Adults' Internet Relationships
- YOUR ONLINE ROMANCE. // Adbusters;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p1
The article presents the author's comments on the growing popularity of online dating and relationships. The author states that online dating is a virtual articulation of consumer capitalism which replaced the real relationship with superficial virtual interactions. The author cites that the...
- Lisa Kogan Tells All. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p180
The article presents the author's comments on writing online dating profiles. She says that she started writing online profiles for others when one of her friends asked her to figure out the problem in her profile. She says that everyone wants others to love their true personality, but it is not...
- Take your crush from cyber to summer. Elwood, Karin // Girls' Life;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p32
The article offers suggestions making cyber love to summer love. It is stated that when it is clear that is guy is game to hang out in person, it's time to come up with a chill date to keep the same kind of chemistry that sparked online. Suggestions are offered to photograph a Instagram shot...
- PINK PAPER DATING: Defining your goals. // Pink Paper;10/21/2011, p6
The article explores the importance of defining goals when it comes to online dating. According to the author, people who engage in online dating need to think about who and what it is they want to find online. They can do this by daydreaming on their own, or talking it through with friends or...
- Welcome to 2013, the special year of the risk. // Athens News;12/31/2012, p17
The article provides an answer to a question related to being deceived several times while meeting people online.
- OLINE DATING DON'TS. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p67
The article offers suggestions regarding online dating.
- JUST SWIPE LEFT. // Marie Claire (US Edition);Aug2014, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p187
The article presents suggestions on choosing the right guy for online dating.
- Couple boundaries for social networking in middle adulthood: Associations of trust and satisfaction. Norton, Aaron M.; Baptist, Joyce // Cyberpsychology;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p23
The present study examined married individuals' boundaries and rules for online social networking and the relationship between these boundaries and relational trust and satisfaction. Participants included 205 married individuals who had been married for an average of 27 years (mean age = 51...
- Personal Computers. Amrhein, Alexandra // Teen Ink;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
The author reflects on the impact of computers and the Internet on social relations. The author is questioning forming online relationships as she feels that the personality of a person is composed of various aspects including facial expressions and emotions. She hopes that people go back to...