- Israel prophesy: Land of milk and money. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;3/21/94, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the economic condition of Israel. Expected growth in 1994; Effects of the peace process; International trade conference.
- Israel's economic crisis. // Commentary;Apr85, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p15
A former Carter Administration official reviews the built-in structural problems and the costs of war and peace which have led to the current crisis in Israel's economy. While the US will provide some of the money necessary to bail out the Israelis, the Reagan Administration will insist on an...
- Agonizing reappraisal in Israel. Salpeter, E. // New Leader;1/9/89, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p5
Discusses in depth the current economic and political situation in Israel vis-a-vis the Palestinian state, the formation of a new Likud-Labor Party coalition under Shimon Peres, and the country's worsening economic situation.
- Israeli aid. // Chemical Week;9/8/93, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the Israeli government's economic actions. Aid to develop petrochemical sector; Availability for direct investments for three years; Approval of special law for Dead Sea Works; Bypassing of zoning and construction laws.
- Peres visits Washington. // Newsweek;10/15/84, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p65
Shimon Peres arrives in Washington this week with hard times all around him. Israel's inflation rate is nearing 800% a year. So far, the American government is not impressed with Peres' efforts to cut spending. The administration is likely to oppose any massive U.S. bailout. The days when a...
- Land of promise. Rosenberg, Joel C. // Policy Review;Fall91, Issue 58, p60
Reports on the efforts to restore the economy of Israel during the post-Gulf War in the Middle East. Contributing factors to economic stagnation in Israel; Cost of absorbing Israeli immigrants; Terms of land acquisition through Israel Land Authority (ILA); Negative effects of Israeli government...
- Israel's budget woes. Humphreys, Jennifer // International Business: Strategies for the Global Marketplace;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the status of Israel's economy after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced, at a European Security Conference, it would quadruple by 2010. Economic changes made by Prime Minister Netanyahu; Statistics on the predicted performance of Israel's economy for 1997.
- Israel's reduced budget. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/8/85, Vol. 122 Issue 14, p38
The Israeli air force is seeking to increase its perceived qualitative superiority in personnel to offset the effects of a reduced budget and the increasing material capability of its potential opponents. Budget cuts are being imposed because of Israel's financial crisis.
- Israeli economy, like peace talks, stumbles. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;09/07/98, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the economic situation of Israel. Population; Gross domestic product; Per capital income; Export and import trade.