- online training reinvigorated. // Charter;Nov2009, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p54
The article reports on the relaunch of an online training platform LiveOne by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. It notes that the platform provides members a greater choice of comprehensive sessions in which they can actively communicate with the other participants and the...
- WERE WORKING HARD TO MAKE OUR QUALIFICATION THE TICKET TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES. Grant, Gordon // Financial Management (14719185);Mar2008, p1
The article reports on the increase of demand for Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) training from public and private sector worldwide. It is expressed that the demand is influenced by the desire of large companies to broaden the accounting skills and capabilities of their...
- Computer Assisted Instruction - Where Are We? (book). Whitlock, Gerald H.; Rubin, George J. // Training & Development Journal;Feb69, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p58
Presents an abstract of the article 'Computer Assisted Instruction--Where Are We?,' by Robert Bundy which appeared in the April 1968 issue of 'Phi Delta Kappa, XLIX' journal.
- Hazards of surgical training virtually eliminated. Decoster, Roy // All Hands;Jun96, Issue 950, p20
Reports on the use of virtual reality computer programs to teach surgery in the United States. Generation by Dr. Richard Rowe of the National Naval Medical Center of technology to generate virtual patients; Cost of computers capable of simulating surgery; Use of human body models.
- Computer Training for Entrepreneurial Meteorologists. Koval, Joseph P.; Young, George S. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;May2001, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p875
Examines the key components of computer instruction for undergraduate meteorologists at the Pennsylvania State University in Erie, Pennsylvania. Emphasis on the techniques required to learn computer programming; Importance of project management skills in the job market; Key goal of the course.
- A follow-up on CD-ROM tax services. Warner, Paul D.; Smith, L. Murphy // CPA Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p72
Evaluates several CD-ROM-based tax services. Includes OnPoint by the Research Institute of America; CCH SmartTax; CCH Access; CCH Tax Assistant; Features; Online services; Applications.
- In home studios, artists turn high-tech. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p12
Features the importance of computers and its tools in art. Increasing number of cases of artists switching to computers for digital painting; Various cases of artists accepting the trend; Low cost of computers as the biggest factor of growing digital art; Negative ratings of the digital art.
- How to boot up the universe. Shields, Charles // Curriculum Review;Dec91, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
Discusses whether the disadvantages of computerized physics outweigh the advantages. How software programs promise to blow out the bunsen burners of countless Archies and Jugheads; What concerns Dr. Jack Wilson, director of the Center for Innovation in Undergraduate Education at Rensselaer...
- Art and computers: Is there room in the studio for both? Welter, C.H. // Design for Arts in Education;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the controversy over the use of computers in teaching art. Lack of software; Technology and visual grammar; Traditional pedagogical methods.