What You Need To Know About…Starting a Safety Business
- SEEING THE BIG PICTURE. Iannelli, David // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2009, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p48
The article discusses the compliance for eye protection to increase worker safety and productivity in the U.S. It highlights the selection considerations for eye protection including padded and adjustable temples, adjustable lens inclination and lens tints. It notes the idea of purchasing...
- In the blink of an eye. Johnson, Dave // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p1
Discusses the importance of eye protection in an industrial setting. Risk of employees to job-related eye injuries; Relevance of safety eyewear to prevent eye injuries; Levels of protection provided by lenses.
- Enforcement hassles versus actual risk. Eckhardt, Bob // Concrete Products;Jun2005, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p35
Focuses on the essentiality of wearing safety glasses in preventing eye injury. Requirement of the use of safety glasses for industrial workers; Assessment of the common incidents in concrete plants; Estimate of cost for eye injury treatment; Maintenance of industrial safety.
- Fashion, fit & FUNCTION. Maser, Rob // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2010, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p41
The article discusses the things to consider for a successful safety eyewear program. It emphasizes that safety eyewear must not only meet the standards but also the fashionable taste of employees. It notes that tinted lense can be for fashion and for function because the lense would limit the...
- Reduce vision risks with safety eyewear. Elsas, Robert // Occupational Hazards;Nov99, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p90
No abstract available.
- Specifying correct eyewear. // Plant & Works Engineering;Jul2012, Issue 364, p47
The article discusses a research on using correct safety eyewear by Jim Lythgow, director of strategic alliances, Specsavers Corporate Eyecare, which was undertaken among 143 companies. The research revealed that only 14% of health and safety professionals knew the correct level of impact for...
- Saving Sight. RULSEH, TED J. // Cleaner;Jul2011, p22
The article features the Wise Owl Program, a safety recognition program of Prevent Blindness America that promotes consistent use of protective eyewear in workplaces. It notes that the program has more than 600 corporate and school chapters that recognize the importance of a proactive approach...
- Don't lose sight of eye safety. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p36
Provides tips related to eye protection to employees in the workplace provided by Prevent Blindness America. Conduct of a thorough analysis of plant operations; Incorporation of a vision testing in the pre-placement and routine physical examinations of employees; Selection of a protective...
- Safety eyewear for EXTREME ENVIRONMENTS. Johnson, Phil // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2008, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p52
The article reports on the importance of fog-free safety eyewear for extreme and dangerous environment in workplaces in the U.S. According to Jim Collins, manager of global safety at General Mills said that lens fog presented a major challenge in having their workers comply with eyewear safety...