THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
- A Labapalooza Good Time. // Vision Monday;10/17/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p58
This section presents photographs of participants in Labapalooza 2011, the annual celebration of optical laboratories held by Jobson, which include Deborah Malakoff-Castor of the Vision Council, Dan Samuelson of Seiko, and Rodney Remsey of Classic Optical.
- Take advantage of all that your optical laboratory can offer. Fritz, Pamela B. // Ophthalmology Times;10/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p62
Focuses on the services, products, and programs of optical laboratories in the U.S. Means of improving staff knowledge and skills in an optical dispensary; Importance of incentive programs as a form of reward to hard working employees; Areas of controlling costs in the optical laboratory.
- Employee Development in a Changing Organization. Papmehl, Anne // New Zealand Management;Feb2002, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the impact of the relationship between organizational change and corporate culture on the growth of both employer and employee. Importance of the leader's role as a listener; How high-tech and dot-com industries use change and innovation in motivating their employees; Merits of...
- Self-Determination in a Work Organization. Deci, Edward L.; Connell, James P.; Ryan, Richard M. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Aug89, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p580
Discusses research testing self-determination theory on intrinsic motivation, participative management and leadership in a work organization. Relations between managers' orientations and subordinates' perceptions, affects and satisfactions; Implications of an organizational development...
- Change Leaders and Navigators. Jaffe, Dennis T.; Scott, Cynthia D. // Executive Excellence;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p13
Provides tips for sustaining change within an organization. Necessity of changing people's expectations and mindsets before changing their behavior; Importance of a clear organizational vision; Development of people's capacity to learn and grow; Recognition of people's need for information and...
- The changing face of organization development: Views... Clement, Ronald W. // Business Horizons;May/Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the changes in organization development (OD) for the last fifteen years. Behavioral science on improvement of organizational development; List of key problems in organization development; Overemphasis on employee satisfaction; Cautions on employee's attitudes; The lack of concern for...
- Create a Vision for Change. // Grovo Learning: Create a Vision for Change;2016, p1
Video length: 1 minute and 42 seconds. Well-executed change depends on a vision: a picture of what your organization will look like after the change has occurred. This video describes how creating a vision provides clarity and motivation for everyone involved.
- Why Government Workers Are Harder to Motivate. Lavigna, Robert // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;11/28/2014, p2
The article identifies several factors that make it more difficult to motivate government workers that include prevailing negative attitudes about government and its employees, frequent and abrupt changes in leadership, an older workforce.
- Organizational Change. Miller, Ann // IEEE Software;May/Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p18
Presents a series of articles which deals with the organizational changes that happened in the computer software industry.