Hall of Fame Honorees
- Toledo Optical Named Transitions U.S. Lab of the Year for 2006. Karp, Andrew // Vision Monday;2/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p16
The article announces that Transitions Optical named Toledo Optical as Transitions U.S. Lab of the Year for 2006.
- VisionWeb Announces Its Honorees for 2010 Labs of the Year. // Vision Monday;10/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p009
The article announces the VisionWeb 2010 Labs of the Year honorees including Luzerne Optical in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, Meridian Optical Laboratory in Phoenix, Arizona, and U.S. Optical in East Syracuse, New York.
- Younger Optics wins in Las Vegas. // Optometry Today;10/29/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p21
The article announces that Younger Optics has received Awards of Excellence from the Optical Laboratories Association (OLA) at the 2010 Vision Expo show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Transitions Optical 2006 Lab of the Year. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Apr/May2007, Vol. 35 Issue 156, p12
The article announces that Toledo Optical wins the Transitions Lab of the Year award.
- OLA to Announce Awards of Excellence Winners at Annual Meeting. // Vision Monday;9/5/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p58
The article announces that the Optical Laboratories Association has released a list of nominees to the 2011 Awards of Excellence in categories such as lens design, lens materials, children's frames, and surfacing materials and tools.
- Despite Difficult Times, Labs Still Value COLA Meeting. WALKER, CHRISTIE // Vision Monday;6/15/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p042
The article discusses highlights of the annual California Optical Laboratory Association (COLA) meeting and West Coast Good Fellow Award Ceremony held in La Quinta, California. The event was attended by more than 60 optical laboratory representatives and vendors, and featured a golf tournament...
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2G, p28
This section offers news briefs on the optical industry as of 2009. Katz and Klein of Sacramento, California has won the 2008 Optical Laboratory Web Site of the Year award contest. The Optical Laboratories Association (OLA) has named new officers at its meeting in Nashville, Tennessee....
- OLA announces nominees for 2008 Award of Excellence. // Ophthalmology Times;8/15/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p61
The article reports that the list of nominees for the 2008 Awards of Excellence, has been released by the Optical Laboratories Association (OLA). On November 8, 2008 winners will be announced at the OLA meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. The categories, in which the nominees were announced include...
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 35 Issue 157, p21
This section presents news briefs related to optical laboratories. The "LabTalk" magazine developed new judging format for its Optical Laboratory Web Site of the Year Award. Santinelli International launched its Digital Mirror digital camera with dispensary mirror. Practical Systems Inc. (PSI)...