To Sell Or Not To Sell?
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 154, p4
This section offers insights on an article about interview with optical laboratories that are independent and those acquired by big companies. Independent laboratory owners shared their reasons for maintaining their business status. Laboratories acquired by Essilor, Hoya, and Zeiss were not...
- To Maximize Sale Value, Involve Key Manager. // Business Owner;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on maximizing the sale value of business involving the cooperation of key managers.
- Hanes brands Shops Spin-Off Debt Package. G. S. // High Yield Report;8/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p2
The article reports on the spin-off debt package of Hanesbrands shops. It presents the tax-free spin-off of Sara Lee's apparel business into Hanesbrands name. In support to the new bank deal transaction a seven-year-term loan B equivalent to $1.3 billion and first lien facilities worth $2.15...
- Edgeview Managers Buy Back Firm from CIT. Tarbous, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/19/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p12
The article reports on the decision of the managers of Edgeview to buy back the company from its former parent CIT Group.
- Paging Veterans Size Up SkyTel Assets. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the move of paging industry executives to acquire the assets of SkyTel. Plan of WebLink to acquire SkyTel; Appointment of former SkyTel chief executive officer John Stupka to the board of directors of WebLink.
- Putting family first. Tortola, Jane Olszeski // Progressive Grocer;8/1/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the decision of Illinois retailer Vic Buraglio to sell his 19-store Kirby Foods supermarket. Factors which have affected his decision; Information on his successors; Career background of Buraglio.
- Tropigas sold to Puerto Rico investor. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;9/14/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the sale of the liquefied petroleum gas distributing company, Shell subsidiary Tropigas to the Puerto Rico-based company, CHDR Inc. Profile on the senior executive and main investor of CHDR Inc.; Details and terms of the acquisition; Downsizing and restructuring of the company prior...
- Does Bad Press Kill Corporate Acquisitions? Beaubien, Greg // Public Relations Strategist;Fall2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p17
The article offers the author's insights on the effect of bad press coverage or publicity on corporate acquisitions and chief executive officers (CEOs).
- Impediments and pitfalls to succession planning. Watt, Amanda // NZ Business;Sep2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p97
The author reflects on possible hindrances on succession planning. She says that an owner who has overpriced the business and is not open to negotiate the price is the biggest difficulty to a private business sale. She explains that goodwill cannot be transferred and that this problem comes when...