Market Awaits SPAC Flood as Deal Deadlines Approach
- Takeover code extended to some private companies. // Accountancy;Jul1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1079, p5
This article reports that Great Britain's City Code on Takeovers and Mergers will apply to certain classes of private companies that have a wide range of shareholders, as well as public companies beginning June 1983. The Takeover Panel appreciates that the provisions of the code may not be...
- The Canadian Mid-Market Transactions Environment. Ianni, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p51
The article discusses the implication of changes in the Canadian middle-market mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. Canadian private company vendors are being influenced by both the activities within the large-capital M&A market as well as foreign markets. As such, private companies are...
- private market activity. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p48
Provides data on market activities by private companies in the U.S. in 2003. Top ten acquisitions by private companies; Top ten acquisitions of private companies; Top going private deals.
- Dealmaking Remedies To Cushion the Jolt of REGULATORY REJECTION. Lawlor, William G.; Cripps, Peter D.; Hartman, Ian A. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p27
Presents dealmaking remedies to cushion the impact of regulatory rejection in mergers and acquisitions of corporations. Importance of selecting the right partner in mergers; Assessment of the risk of failure; Provision of compensation for loss of deal.
- La Ley de Sociedades de Capital. De Miguel, Rafael Núñez-Lagos // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2011, Issue 28, p67
The consolidating text of the companies law, approved by royal legislative decree 1/2010 of 2 july (Ley de Sociedades de Capital, Â«LSCÂ») came into force on 1 September 2010, except for the prohibition of the clauses in the listed companies' bylaws that limit the vote in said companies,...
- Cross-Borders Mergers: Transposition of Directive will bring new structuring option for Irish companies. Evans, Edward; Maloney, Damian // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2008, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p21
The article presents an analysis on the transposition of a European Union directive on cross-border mergers into Irish law. The procedural steps on how cross-border mergers will be put up in Ireland are shown. It notes that when the directive is transferred, it will bring several opportunities...
- MERCANTIL. // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2010, Issue 25, p179
No abstract available.
- Pillars of strength. Courtney, Thomas // Lawyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p29
The article focuses on the proposed legislation of the Company Law Review Group (CLRG) entitled "Report on General Scheme of Companies Consolidation and Reform Bill" on May 7, 2007 in Northern Ireland. It states that the bill, which will be divided into pillars, will help address the various...
- Acquisition Improv. Macfadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p18
The article focuses on distressed dealmaking. It states that various factor have colluded to upset the relative standardization of bankruptcy sale process. It suggests that even pre-packaged bankruptcies, which may appear to be a cleaner and quicker solution, offer little in the way of...