- State Street Closes Deal to Buy Currenex. Bills, Steve // American Banker;3/6/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 44, p17
The article reports that State Street Corp. of Boston, Massachusetts has completed its acquisition of the London independent currency exchange Currenex Inc. The acquisition was first announced in January 2007. Details related to State Street's motivations for acquiring the exchange are...
- State Street buys fx firm. Salcedo, Yesenia // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2007, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the plan of Boston-based financial company State Street Corp. to purchase the New York-based online foreign exchange trading platform Currenex for $564 million. State Street acquisition to Currenex aims to improve its participation in the electronic foreign exchange...
- Caterpillar Signs Up With FXtrades Market. // American Banker;8/17/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 159, p13
Reports the decision of Caterpillar Inc. to sign on the FXtrades Internet foreign exchange marketplace of Currenex Inc. in New York. Benefits of the services offered by the marketplace on corporations, banks and asset fund managers; Products specialized by Caterpillar; Sales generated by the...
- Currenex Eyes Acquisitions in Wake of Restructuring. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the plans of the Internet-based trading platform, Currenex Inc., for acquisitions in the wake of Lori Mirek's replacement as chief executive of the company by Clifford Lewis. Objectives of the company behind its possible acquisitions; Priorities set by Lewis for the company; Services...
- Currenex Connects to Trema's Transaction Hub. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;05/07/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p8
Highlights the team up of California-based Currenex and Finland-based Trema Technologies that will connect Currenex's foreign exchange trading service with Trema Technologies' Transaction Hub. Automation of the trading process; Customer-sharing possibilities; Link of the Hub to the...
- Analysts divided over benefits of proposed FCPT and UKCPT merger. Phillips, Mike // Estates Gazette;7/31/2010, Issue 1030, p28
The article reports that investment trust analysts' opinions were divided over a study on the benefits of a proposed merger between F&C Commercial Property Trust and the UK Commercial Property Trust (UKCPT), that would create the sixth-biggest listed property firm in Great Britain.
- A Return to M&A. // Chemical Week;1/3/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 1, p29
The article reports that analysts expect a strong mergers & acquisitions (M&A) activity in the chemical industry in 2011.
- State St. Stake In Tech Firm May Spur Aggregation. Bach, Deborah // American Banker;1/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p17
Reports the agreement of finance companies State Street Corp. to take a minority stake in ByAllAccounts Inc. in the U.S. Plans of State Street to use the ByAllAccounts software to offer portfolio analysis to customers; Benefits of aggregation from second target market; Creation of personalized...
- HSBC in Deal for State Street Portfolios. // American Banker;11/8/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 215, p20
Reports the decision by HSBC Holdings PLC to buy selected portfolios from the trade finance business of State Street Corp.'s Global Trade Banking Division. Financial details of the acquisition; Comments by head of HSBC Group Trade Services, Bob Dungey.