VOLUNTARY SELF-REGULATION OF COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE PRACTITIONERS
- Early Day Motion MPs under attack. // Health & Homeopathy;Winter2007/2008, p6
The article reports on the action taken by the British Homeopathic Association (BHA) on the demand of a journalist to medical practitioners (MPs), who signed the Early Day Motion, to explain the significance of supporting homeopathic hospitals. It is reported that BHA has sent a briefing note to...
- PSO: An evolving, critical role in health care quality. // Healthcare Benchmarks & Quality Improvement;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p64
The article focuses on the increasing prominence and responsibility of patient safety officers in the U.S. The officers' responsibilities at their facility include minimizing errors and complying with safety standards. Patient safety officers Marion Martin and Lori A. Paine provide an overview...
- The characteristics, experiences and perceptions of naturopathic and herbal medicine practitioners: results from a national survey in New Zealand. Cottingham, P; Adams, J; Vempati, R; Dunn, J; Sibbritt, D // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Jun/Jul2015, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p130
The article reports on the need for greater communication and in-depth research on the perceptions and practices of naturopaths and herbal medicine practitioners within the New Zealand health care system.
- Baiting the snake oil sharks. Farrell, Liam // GP: General Practitioner;12/8/2006, p18
The article presents the author's experience of conversing with a homeopathic practitioner on the homeopathic treatment available for common cold. The author indicated the inefficiency of homeopathic medicines to cure the disease fully. The author criticized the practitioner for promoting...
- Growing into supervision. Dymitr, Zofia // Therapy Today;Apr2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p34
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a homeopath offering supervision to people in a range of health professions.
- Council for Homeopathic Certification News. Pitt, Richard // Homeopathy Today;Dec2007, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p41
The article provides updates related to the Council for Homeopathic Certification (CHC) in the U.S. The special project of the CHC to exempt homeopaths with five years clinical experience from the examination process for certification is open until April 16, 2008 for interested applicants. It...
- Multiple Streams of Income with Homeopathy. King Jr., Frank // American Chiropractor;Sep2006, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p60
The article discusses several sources of income for homeopathy practice. The passive income approach provides benefits to the practitioners which include continuous flow of income without supervision, economical and safe and no liabilities. The active income approach could be applied at various...
- With Training, a Range of Providers Can Give Contraceptive Injections. // Population Reports;Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses about the benefits of training health care providers to perform injections of contraceptives. In the service delivery guidelines of some countries, administration of injections are limited to doctors and nurses. Training providers such as pharmacists, auxiliary nurses and...
- LETTERS. Walsh, R.; Phillips, William R.; Lindblom, Eric; Felgar, Steve // Consumer Reports;Nov2009, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p5
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Another Misuse of Your Credit Record" in the September 2009 issue, "Patients, Beware" in the September 2009 issue, and "Wash Up, Doc" in the September 2009 issue.