INVASION OF PRIVACY V. COMMERCIAL SPEECH: REGULATION OF SPAM WITH A COMPARATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL POINT OF VIEW
- DATABIT. // BizEd;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p54
Reports on the approval of the implementation of CAN-SPAM Act by the U.S. Congress, with the intention to reducing the amount of unwanted junk electronic mail.
- Keeping spam from canning your business. Ennico, Cliff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/12/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p14
Presents tips on dealing with unsolicited electronic mail messages. Views on the Can-Spam Act in the U.S.; Features of spam filter software programs.
- The New Anti-Spam Legislation. Fabiano, Daniel; Mietkiewicz, Cathi // Ontario Dentist;May2014, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p14
The article presents information on the new anti-spam legislation commonly referred to as "Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation" (CASL) which comes into force on July 1, 2014. Topics covered include the messages that are subject to CASL, CASL's requirements in the commercial electronic messages and...
- Organizations Need to Build their CASLs: Information for Non-Profits and Registered Charities. // LawNow;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p9
The article provides information about Canada's Anti-Spam legislation, a federal law which applies to not-for-profit organizations and to registered charities across Canada. The Act targets spam and deals with commercial electronic messages (CEMs) as well as regulates a wide range of activities...
- Gaining Consent. Gratton, Éloïse // Canadian Underwriter;Apr2014, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p22
The article discusses the implementation of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) for the organizations in Canada. It highlights five steps to take CASL-compliant including to determine if messages are covered, to obtain consent and to include the prescribed content. It also mentions the...
- Stopping the Madness. Bagsarian, Tom // Concrete Producer;Mar2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p18
Gives advice for the U.S. concrete products industry on how to use electronic mail for marketing without facing legal issues under the anti-spam legislation passed by the Congress in 2003. Subscription to an electronic newsletter; Inclusion of useful information; Importance of instructions on...
- New Law Cans Spam. // Association Management;Feb2004, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the passage of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, the first federal restrictions on unsolicited commercial e-mail in the U.S. Implementation of law and defining commercial electronic mail message; Exemptions of the provisions of the law; Regulation of e-mails that are commercial in nature.
- WHAT DO I (AND MY CLIENTS) NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CANADA'S NEW ANTI-SPAM LAW? Kember, Lisa // CA Magazine;Nov2011, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p7
No abstract available.
- The law is tightening up on the spammers. Marsden, Nicola // Marketing Week;6/26/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p28
Reports on initiatives in Great Britain to regulate unsolicited junk e-mails. Proposed legislation by Labour member of parliament (MP) Paul Flynn; 'Spam Summit' organized by MPs; Implementation of the European Commission's Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications by October 31, 2003;...
- By the numbers. // njbiz;12/1/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p1
The article reveals the proposed fine for first-time offenders of the Do Not Mail law that prohibits the sending of junk electronic mail to a New Jersey resident.