BEAUTY AND THE BUGS
- how i did it THE EXTERMINATOR. McGee, Sherri A. // Essence (Time Inc.);Sep2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p121
Focuses on the efforts of former fashion model Genma Stringer Holmes in managing her Holmes Pest Control, an environmental exterminating company. Projected revenue of the company in 2005; Background of the company; Work attitudes of White men toward Black women.
- A Passion FOR People. Andorka Jr., Frank H. // Pest Control;Jul2006, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p78
The article profiles Gemma Holmes, co-owner of Holmes Pest Control, a leading pest management company in the Hermitage, Tennessee. Holmes began her career as a model, public relations provider and entertainer. She has a strong, personal passion for the pest management industry. She builds...
- MARKETING MATTERS Q&A. Goldglantz, Harvey F. // Pest Management Professional;Jun2015, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p96
Answers to several questions related to marketing strategies for pest control firms are presented on topics including hiring a salesperson, developing sales program for residential customers, and motivating employees.
- From the Road Again. // Tennessee Tribune;3/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4A
A blog from Genma Stringer Holmes is discussed.
- Advertise "In Good Times and In Bad". Goldglantz, Harvey F. // Pest Control;Sep2007, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p68
The author reflects on the importance of constant advertising for successful marketing. He cites that reducing advertising and marketing budgets allows the competitors more access to the potential customer fields. He shares that a company rush to cut the advertising budget will contribute to the...
- No More Free Estimates. Andorka Jr., Frank H. // Pest Control;May2007, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p114
The author comments on the marketing strategy applied by most pest control companies in the U.S. He argues that offering free estimates to customers in an attempt to draw recurring business will devaluate the industry's overall position as pest control experts and harm profit margins. He...
- So you wanna' be a YouTube star... Stanbridge, Dean // Pest Management Professional;Nov2012, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p64
The article offers business marketing tips on how to create a promotional video for pest management companies via the video-sharing site YouTube. It suggests the need to consider online presence in promoting a business by creating a YouTube channel with a short company introductory video that...
- Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA). Mannes, Cindy // Pest Management Professional;Oct2015, Vol. 83 Issue 10, pAU11
The article profiles the Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA). Topics covered include the mission of the organization, its marketing strategies and tactics aimed to reach the consumer in 2016 and ways on how it has served as the voice of the pest control industry by reaching out to...
- Chasing Add-On Acorns. Schopen, Jr., Peter F. // Pest Control;Mar2007, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p84
The article presents suggestions regarding marketing strategies that should be adopted by pest management companies to gather non-traditional customers. The author suggests that a pest management professional should have the ability to prepare wood-destroying insect inspection reports. It is...