- Fizzing with enthusiasm. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;7/7/2009, p16
The article reports on Jan Woods, a human resource professional with PepsiCo. Inc., who started her career in the HR department of International Business Machines Corp. (IBM). Woods left IBM for PepsiCo in 1993, and has since spent almost a decade abroad, in South Africa, Hungary and Thailand....
- LOCAL AREA NETWORK. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Dec2004, p24
Focuses on the community volunteer program of International Business Machines Corp. in Great Britain. Significance of the program in promoting the healthy work and life balance among its employees; Mode implemented to find a suitable project in their area; Benefits gained by the employees from...
- Suntel to Deploy IBM Lotus Unified Communications and Collaboration Software. // EmergingMarketsNOW;2/6/2009, p1
The article reports on the contract provided by Suntel Ltd. to IBM to provide the former with the latter's Lotus software for establishing a collaborative environment for employees. It states that the move of Suntel will allow the firm to improve employee performance and cost efficiency as well...
- Broadening horizons. Bredin, James // Industry Week/IW;10/06/97, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p68
Reports on the training of International Business Machines Corp. executives at Cambridge University, England. Avoidance of the program to any direct reference to computers or management theory; Techniques to enable executives to achieve a wider perspective.
- Rebalancing the Workforce At IBM: A Case Study of Redeployment and Revitalization. Greenhalgh, Leonard; McKersie, Robert B.; Gilkey, Roderick W. // Organizational Dynamics;Spring86, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the concept of redeployment and revitalization adopted by the International Business Machine (IBM) in Vermont. Identification of workforce inefficiency; Techniques in workforce reduction imposed by IBM; Products and services of the company.
- Building smarter and faster processes. Raj, Shakun Ashoka // Asia Insurance Review;Jun2010, p15
The article presents details on the interview with Maneeza Malik, International Business Machines Corp.'s industry practice leader for financial services insurance and healthcare. Malik explains the Websphere ILOG Business Rules Management System (BRMS) of IBM-affiliated company Ilog Inc. She...
- RediseÃ±o econÃ³mico-financiero y de RRHH. // Estrategia Financiera;2008, Vol. 23 Issue 248, p81
No abstract available.
- IBM's PS/2 And a New OS/2: What's In An Acronym? Kinne, Harold C. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
Overviews the progress of microcomputers in the business community. Extent of competition among computer manufacturers; Advantages of the IBM OS/2 from the perspective of the users; Drawbacks in the standard DOS operating system.
- In brief…. // Computer Weekly;5/2/2002, p4
Reports developments related to industrial management in Great Britain as of May 2002. Issuance of call for voluntary redundancies for International Business Machines; Importance of third-generation mobile phones; Unification of the electronic government systems.