BACK TO SCHOOL
- "Good Niggers". Joseph, Valerie; Williams, Tanya O. // Democracy & Education;Jun2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p67
A personal narrative is presented which explores the authors' experiences as Black female graduate students and educators in the U.S. who discovered deep racial self-negation and internalized social hatred.
- Motivation for return to study as a predictor of completion of degree amongst female mature students with children. Scott, Catherine; Burns, Ailsa; Cooney, George // Higher Education;Mar98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p221
The motivation for return to study, as measured by the Continuing Education Women Questionnaire (modified), of 117 mature age female graduates with children was compared with that of 118 former mature age female students with children who had discontinued a degree program before graduation....
- Growing up gracefully! // Jackson Advocate;5/12/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 30, p1A
The article profiles music lover Alexis Miller, a graduating senior at Clinton High School in Mississippi.
- Addressing the needs of graduate women. Wiest, Lynda R. // Contemporary Education;1999, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the needs of graduate women. Concern for personal safety when using school facilities at night; Considerations for financial resources to support education; Impact of domestic responsibilities on school work; Susceptibility to social and intellectual isolation; Need for female role...
- Untitled. // High Plains Journal;7/14/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 28, p15B
A photograph of the 2014 American Agri-Women graduates of Syngenta's Leadership At Its Best program is presented.
- From Mysore to Dallas--The Road to a PhD. Moss, Sharon // ASHA Leader;5/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p12
Presents an interview with Sneha V. Bharadwaj, a doctoral student working on speech production at the University of Texas in Dallas. Career background; Reasons for pursuing a doctoral degree; Advice for students considering a career in research. INSET: Bharadwaj's Current Research....
- Mentoring women doctoral students: What counselor educators and supervisors can do. Bruce, Mary Alice // Counselor Education & Supervision;Dec95, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p139
Discusses case studies on the mentoring and development of women graduate students. Benefits of mentoring; Components of the mentoring relationship; Possible barriers to the mentoring of women in higher education; Encouragement and support; Role models; Professional development; Cross-gender...
- Hilary Lian Burton graduates from Texas A & M. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);5/28/2009, Vol. 102 Issue 21, p2
The article focuses on Hilary Lian Burton, who graduated Magna Cum Laude in Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from A & M University in Texas on May 16, 2009.
- The History of Women at the William and Mary Law School. // Women in Academia Report;1/8/2013, p9
The article announces the 75th anniversary of Virginia Mister, the first woman to graduate from the William and Mary Law School in Virginia.