LIFE INSURANCE 101
- Lifetime Savings Account Bill Introduced In Congress. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/5/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the introduction of a legislation creating tax-favored individual savings accounts in Congress. Opposition of the life insurance industry; Savings proposal developed by the Bush Administration called Lifetime Savings Accounts; Sponsors of the legislation; Benefits for American...
- 6 ways to solve retirement planning issues. Sullivan, J. Craig // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/21/98, Vol. 102 Issue 38, p8
Explains six ways to use life insurance to supplement other sources of retirement income in the United States. Executive bonus plans; Endorsement split dollar; Executive split dollar; Capital transfer split dollar; Reverse split dollar; Internal Revenue Code 83 transfers.
- Help Your Clients Leave A Larger Legacy. Foust, Penni P. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/6/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p4
Discusses how life insurance policies can enable people with more than enough money for retirement income or emergencies to pass as much of their wealth as possible to the next generation. Benefits; Advantage over other investment tools.
- Use assets in qualified plans to buy life insurance. Clark // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p20
Discusses the use of retirement plan assets in purchasing insurance on the life of the employee and his/her spouse, for financial security or for estate planning purposes. Other direct investments; Absence of limits in case of contributions held in participant's account; Reduction of trustee's...
- Cerulli Urges Reassessment For Life Insurance Industry. // Best's Review;Jan2003, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p70
Assesses the capability of the life insurance industry on handling the demand for asset preservation and retirement income in the U.S. Adequacy of the available products and services on funding retirement income; Factors contributing to the demand increase; Assessment on the ways of meeting...
- Why people shop for life insurance. // Retirement Advisor;Dec2014, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p12
The article presents statistics relevant to the information on why Americans shop for life insurance including life events, replacement for income to pay burial and other expenses, and consumer struggle in the decision process for insurance coverage.
- `Catch 22' Of Estate, Retirement Planning. Budihas, John S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/12/99, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p12
Recommends life insurance trusts for protecting taxpayers' wealth while benefiting from supplemental retirement income. Information on the Survivor Standby Trust; Advantage from permanent life insurance; Spousal Living Access Trust; Shared Ownership Trust.
- Life Insurance Policy Offers Peace of Mind for Retirement. Kaltenbach, Terry M. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Nov98, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p83
Focuses on life insurance retirement plans in the United States. Strategies physicians could employ for supplemental retirement income; Purposes served by the premium paid for universal life policy; Benefits of a potential tax-free income.
- MULTIPLE EMPLOYER TRUSTS--A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE FROM ERISA TO THE CALIFORNIA APPROACH. Damon, Franklin L. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Sep83, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p20
Presents a historical perspective of multiple employer trusts in the U.S. in relation to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974. Background on ERISA; Purpose of the U.S. Congress' mandate under ERISA; Success of the California Insurance Department in obtaining criminal...