Got Skill? What's A Company To Do?
- Discount training initiative jacks up 1998 retention rate. Willins, Michael // Aftermarket Business;May99, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on the training program implemented by the Discount Auto Parts company that will help increase employees' retention. Lessons offered by the program; How to achieve a discount on the training initiative.
- Who will train our children? Arnold, Ted // Automotive Marketing;Aug95, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p2
Editorial. Comments on the need for a strong training program for the employees of the automotive industry in the United States. Annual meeting of Automotive Wholesalers Association of Alabama and Georgia; Trend in the aftermarketing training program; Action being taken by the periodicals...
- Training resources. // Motor Age;May98, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p78
Presents a brief report on training resources for automotive industry workers in the United States. Information on the Automotive Service Management Course by Automotive Management Institute; Details on the business video `Telephone Behavior: The Rules of Effective Communication, by Video Arts...
- Store mock-up will be N. Y. training site. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;8/18/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5727, p6
States that the Greater New York Auto Dealers Association wants a collaboration with automakers to build a model store for training employees. The purpose of the model to cut training costs; The drafting of a proposal to seek factory funding for the model store. INSET: Flashy new model..
- Technicians and team members. PENNINGTON, D. MICHAEl // Fleet Equipment;Jul2012, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p10
The article reviews the Learning Management System web site of the automobile components manufacturer Meritor, which offers online training systems to the fleets technicians.
- Automotive air conditioning industry training. // Motor Equipment News;Dec2015/Jan2016, p28
A description of the training course for the Annual Automotive Air Conditioning Industry Training programme, being conducted by automotive trainer Grant Hand, is presented.
- Technicians of tomorrow. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;7/3/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5612, p8i
Reports on the lack of a skilled repair force in the automobile industry in the United States. Training of technicians to diagnose and repair automobiles; Expected number of automotive repair jobs to be created between 1992 and 2005; Courses offered to repair technicians; Launch by Toyota Motor...
- AutoZone prepares students. // Aftermarket Business;05/01/94, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on Partners In Education's program of providing AutoZone employees with skills in mechanics, auto body shop, marketing and retail sales. Benefits to students.
- Service first. Thompson, Jessica // Aftermarket Business;07/01/95, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the efforts of automotive companies to meet customers' demands through employee training. Reaching customers through selling skills; Technician training; Informing the retailer and customers; Assessing customer service.