- Strike threat at TI Group could halt brake lines. Dietderich, Andrew; Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the plan of more than 200 workers in TI Group Automotive Systems to go on strike. Contract negotiations between the union and company; Nature of business of the company.
- TI buyout helps Walbro land GM fuel-system contract. Pryweller, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p41
Reports on Walbro Corp.'s receipt of a fuel system contract from General Motors Corp. after being acquired by TI Group Automotive Systems in 1999. Financial and management benefits reaped by Walbro from the TI buyout.
- TI Group may be spun off. // Crain's Detroit Business;04/02/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p2
Reports that the former TI Group Automotive Systems Division will be spun off into an independent company. Cancellation of plans to sell the unit by parent company Smiths Group PLC; Formation of Smiths Group in 2000 through the merger of TI Group PLC and Smiths Industries PLC; Shares in the...
- Fuel system of the future. // Automotive Engineer;May2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p19
Features the Smart Tank fuel storage and delivery system from TI Group Automotive Systems. Design of the tank; Reduction of electrical consumption; Ability of shaping the plastic tank to meet vehicle specifications.
- TI Group to spin off, not sell automotive unit. Miel, Rhoda // Automotive News Europe;04/23/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the corporate spinoff decision of TI Group Automotive Systems Division into an independent company. Information on the merger deal between the TI Group and Smiths Industries PLC; Purpose of the spinoff initiative; Sales performance of TI in 2000.
- TI Groups develops a way to cap emissions. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;12/4/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p52
Reports the development of Complete Vapor Recovery System as a way to cap plastic fuel emissions by TI Group Automotive Systems in Windsor, Ontario. Plans to allow blow molding manufacturing process; Goals to use the system for prototype tests; Schedule of the market sale.
- finance digest. // Automotive News Europe;08/14/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p22
Reports on financial performance of some automobile companies and car parts suppliers in Europe during the first half of 2000. Increase in sales and profits posted by TI Group Automotive Systems; Profit before interest and taxes posted by Audi AG; Net profit posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke AG.
- TI: UK's absence from Eurozone is no big deal. Welsh, Allan // Automotive News Europe;04/24/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p34
Interviews Allan Welsh, chief executive of TI Group Automotive Systems, about the company. Information on the company's online purchasing activity; How the company is being affected from is absence in the Eurozone; Acquired projects of the company; Development within the company.
- Supply Line. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;5/15/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5874, p30
Presents news from automobile supplier firms in the United States, as of May 2000. TRW Inc.; Exide Corp.; Wynn's International Inc.; TI Group Automotive Systems.