Ford Technology Sets Sail
- Ford APO transforms to Visteon. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Oct97, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p80
Looks at a promotional campaign of Ford Motor Co.'s Visteon parts making unit. Methodology used by campaign to feature the company's image; Statistical marketing projections; How the Visteon division is organized; Information on the innovations of the Visteon unit.
- Visteon: A new kind of auto supplier. Young, Lewis H. // Electronic News;03/02/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2208, p1
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s reorganization of its wholly-owned parts suppliers and joint venture partners into Visteon Corp. Ford's plans for Visteon's operations in the market for automobile electronics; Ford's promotion of the unit; Structure of the unit; Ford's goals for the unit.
- Visteon considers all-plastic car for Ford. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;10/13/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p7
Comments on plans by Ford Motor Company Visteon parts-making group and they use of plastic, molded modules in cars. Background information on the comapny; Details on the production process used; Details on the results of trial tests.
- Visteon faces Ford price cut pressure as spin-off nears. McCracken, Jeffrey // Automotive News Europe;02/28/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p26
Reports that Ford Motor Co. is reviewing prices it pays for parts from its Visteon Automotive Systems subsidiary as it prepares to spin off from its corporate parent in 2000. View of analysts on the price review issue; Why the review is necessary according to a Visteon spokesman; Explanation...
- Visteon's Lead Plant for Cost Reduction. McCormick, John // Automotive Industries;Sep98, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p109
Presents information on the relationship between Visteon and Ford Motor Co., while highlighting the operations of Visteon's plant North Penn Electronics, Lansdale, Pennsylvania. Number of persons employed at the Lansdale facility; Impact of the plant's operations on the production of the...
- Visteon prepares for life on its own. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;10/18/99, Vol. 74 Issue 5843, p6
No abstract available.
- Visteon, Ford drop benchmark pricing arrangement after first try. Wilson, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p21
Reports the plan between Visteon Corp. and Ford Motor Co. to drop the process of price arrangement in North America. Anticipation for the long term pricing ability of the suppliers; Agreement to use an index of competitive products; Options to audit prices of the companies.
- The parts come together. Whitworth, Ben // Professional Engineering;10/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p32
Details the business strategy of Visteon, an automotive parts supplier owned by Ford Motor Co. Industrial plants of Visteon in Europe; Operation of the company's facility beside its Enfield plant; Approach of Visteon in designing automotive parts. INSETS: Visteon: the company;Instrumental in...
- Ford unhitches parts. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;09/22/97, Vol. 251 Issue 12, p43
Reveals that Ford Motor Co. has spun off its automotive parts division into a separate company in a bid to boost its parts sales to non-Ford customers. Formation of company called Visteon on September 8, 1997; Factors behind the creation of the new subsidiary; Implications of the move shifting...