When Personal Problems Affect Work
- Stopping a train. Nethery, Tony // Knoxville Automotive Report;Aug2010, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p14
The article offers tips on how to deal with the daily challenge in the automotive business including the need to set a goal that involves the employees, not to put obstacles in the way of the employees, and to negotiate anything about the business including change.
- Motivate, But Be Fair. Libin, Richard F. // Ward's Dealer Business;Jun2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p52
The article offers advice on the use of motivation and incentives in the management of an automobile dealership in order to improve sales performance. Improvement in sales performance can be brought about by the positive attitude of the salesforce, this positivity can be gained through inclusive...
- Elite Management Analysis in Auto Industries. Ghafournian, Mohammad // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jan2012, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p37
Elite management occurs at multiple levels of the organization and does not limit its scope to senior management positions, a common misperception made by many. In short, elite management looks to establish continuous leadership development which can position an organization to attract highly...
- Do Your Messages Trigger `Emotional Opposotion'? Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Oct99, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on a management technique in the automobile industry. Two main reasons people reject what others tell them; Reasons some messages create resentment; Rules to reduce emotional opposition on messages.
- Prevent Foul-ups with Follow-up. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Oct99, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p13
Stresses the importance of follow-up for effective managers particularly in the automobile industry. Reason good managers follows up progress; Difference of routine and larger jobs for managers; Purpose of follow-ups.
- On The Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec99, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p10
Presents tips for automobile company managers. Steps to increase work initiatives; Techniques that can increase personal productivity; Nonessentials that drain managers.
- Selling im. Katcher, Philip // Automotive Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p18
Presents ways to help any automotive retail outlet improve its selling impressions. Check sheet to evaluate an automotive retail store's performance.
- Time to be a finder-outer. Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;Jan1997, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p9
Editorial. Comments on automobile industry management. Need to reward the `finder-outers'; Emphasis on individuals who always know the answer; Information technology.
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep90, Vol. 18 Issue 3, Number 3 p119
Presents an abstract of the article `The Need by Auto Manufacturers to Reassess Corporate Strategies,' by Joyce P. King and Algin B. King.