Asking the Right questions
- DVD Forum Steering Committee adds seven new members. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p28
Reports that the DVD Forum has added seven members to its Steering Committee. Responsibilities of the Steering Committee; Members of the committee.
- DVD Forum Reports No HD Disc Decision. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/9/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p30
Reports on the denial of published reports by DVD Forum regarding its approval of high definition digital video disk blue laser disc format. Arguments given by the forum with regard to the study of technologies; Reasons behind the formation of two subgroups by the forum; Tasks allocated to...
- Authoring Pioneers. De Lancie, Philip // EMedia Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on the DVD-Audio, one of the digital video disc (DVD) formats accepted by the DVD Forum. Hurdle for DVD-Audio; Total bit rate allocable to audio on a DVD-Video; Processes and tools used for DVD-Audio in areas such as video encoding and graphics preparation.
- a FAREWELL to ARMS. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
Compares the concept of permanence in art and digital information technology. Sample of literary works that demonstrate the relationship between political and economic environments and the arts; Issues discussed during a conference on digital video disc in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- DVD Confab Set for June. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;4/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p1
The article offers information on the Sixth Annual Home Entertainment Summit DVD and Beyond to be held in Los Angeles, California on June 18 and 19, 2007.
- DVD Forum holds first general meeting. // Information Today;Feb1998, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p19
Presents information on the general meeting in Tokyo in December, 1997, by the DVD Forum. Announcements made at the forum; Main objective of the forum; Contact information.
- DVD forum agrees on standardization for DVD-R discs. // EMedia Professional;Feb98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the DVD Forum has completed standardization for the first generation of DVD-Recordable discs. Specifications for DVD-R version 1.0; Members of the forum.
- Latino Conference April 10. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;2/11/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the fourth annual Latino DVD conference to be held at the Bell Age Hotel in Hollywood, California on April 10, 2007.
- Digital Video Sales Gain Ground In Feb. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on digital video sales in the United States for February 2001. Momentum gained by DVD and digital television; Annualized sales rate; Factors affecting analog projection TV sales; Decline in video cassette recorders.