Dishing the DVD service bureaus
- NYMG enters DVD with Crush. Giardina // SHOOT;10/24/97, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p8
Focuses on New York City-based Media Group's acquisition of a majority interest in New York City-based DVD authoring facility, Crush Digital. Appointment of Michael Porte as chief executive officer at Crush; Market potential for DVD in the advertising industry.
- DVD media & services. // EMedia Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p24
Presents updates on several digital video disc (DVD) media and services in the United States as of August 2000. Crush Digital company's expansion of its studio; Release of the automated DVD replication system Maxliner from Toolex company; Opening of the Video Arts company's DVD and New Media...
- It Ain't CD, Babe. // Advertising Age's Creativity;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p28
Reports on Crush Digital Video's DVD release of `Don't Look Back,' directed by D.A. Pennebaker, in conjunction with New Video's Docurama label. Extra features of the DVD; Comment by Paco Carr, director business services at Crush Digital.
- america's PASTIME preserved. Misek, Marla // EMedia Magazine;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on the release of a digital video disc version of the video `Major League Baseball: The All Century Team' from the Major League Baseball (MBL) and USA Home Entertainment in the United States in October 2000. Features of the DVD; Why the MBL decided to release a DVD version of the...
- Doors to the Labyrinth: Designing Interactive Frictions with Nina Menkes, Pat O'Neill, and John Rechy. Kinder, Marsha // Style;Summer99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p232
Describes the interactive narrative `Doors to the Labyrinth' project by three award winning artists from Los Angeles, California. Reasons for the selection of the artists; Demand created by the works of the three artists; Details on the narrative fictions; Exhibition of the fictions.
- Becoming a multimedia author: Courses and programs. Nicholls, Paul // EMedia Professional;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p107
Suggests means of becoming a multimedia author. University courses and private seminars which provides training; Online resources from the Internet; Keeping track of authoring training resources.
- Crush Composer Unveiled. Garcia, Sandra // SHOOT;04/07/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p10
Reports that New York, New York-based Crush Digital Video has unveiled the Crush Composer, a system designed to hold a digital archive of spots that a user can manipulate to create custom reels. Part of an industry trend towards digital versatile disc compression and authoring; Key features and...
- Indies With Extras Won't Be Crushed By Competition, Authoring House Says. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;08/07/99, Vol. 111 Issue 32, p63
Looks at Crush Digital's efforts to create digital video disc (DVD) catalogs under the leadership of president Jeff Stabenau. Why they don't work with studios; An example of their work with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) videos; DVD pricing; Technology's trouble with keeping up with...
- VIDEO PRODUCTION COMPANIES. // San Diego Business Journal;12/26/2011 Book of Lists, Vol. 32 Issue 52, p19
A table is presented which lists the top video production companies in San Diego, California ranked by 2010 video production gross revenue including Digital OutPost Inc., Satellite Video Productions Inc., and Moving Pictures Inc.