The litigation ledger
- Newsline... Atwood, Brett; Bambarger, Bradley; Morris, Chris; McClure, Steve; Spahr, Wolfgang; Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;06/12/99, Vol. 111 Issue 24, p79
Offers news briefs pertaining to the music industry as of June 12, 1999. Michael Ovitz and the Yucaipa Cos. taking an equity stake in GameSpy Industries; Resignation of Liz Heller as executive vice-president at Capitol Records; Settlement reached in the copyright-infringement lawsuit between...
- PET patent pickle. // Beverage World;09/15/99, Vol. 118 Issue 1680, p16
Reports on the patent infringement complaint filed by the North American Container (NAC) against soft drink industry's usage of polyethylene terephthalate containers. Patent rights claim of NAC.
- Kill All the Lawyers? Read, Jennifer // Electronic News;09/25/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p18
Predicts that lawsuits between high technology companies will continue to increase. Comments from patent attorney, Marc Brown; Developments that have made patent infringement suits more successful; Impact of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act that was enacted by the United States...
- Lucent Sues Micron Tech. // Electronic News;07/05/99, Vol. 45 Issue 27, p2
Looks at a patent infringement lawsuit filed by Lucent Technologies Inc. against Micron Technology Inc. in the United States District Court in Wilmington, Delaware. What the patents in question cover; Other allegations against Micron.
- Kos Sues Barr Labs. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/11/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the patent infringement lawsuit filed by Kos Pharmaceuticals Inc. against Barr Laboratories Inc. over the cholesterol drug Niaspan. Projected sales of the drug.
- Legal briefs. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p14
Reports legal developments in Connecticut as of May 2003. Dismissal of the patent infringement case filed by On-Line Technologies Inc. against Applera Corp., Perkin Elmer Inc. and Sick AG.; Decision of the jury on the termination case; Assessment of the residency program.
- LEGAL BRIEFS. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p10
Reports legal developments in the U.S. as of September 2003. Settlement of the insurance claim of Oxford Health Plan Inc.; Decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals on the patent infringement lawsuit against Wyeth's American Cyanamid Co.; Conclusion of the firearm industry investigation by the...
- Australian Company Defends its Patents. Luntz, Stephen // Australasian Science;Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the plan of Genetic Technologies to file a lawsuit against a United States (U.S.) company for infringing its patents as of October 2001. Significance of the case; Decision of the company to generate revenue in 2000 by licensing non-coding patents.
- In Light of Nobelpharma AB v. Implant Innovations, Inc., Should Walker Process Claims Be Treated as Compulsory or Permissive Counterclaims to Patent Infringement Litigation? // Review of Litigation;Winter2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p157
Examines whether the Walker Process counterclaims to patent infringement litigation be considered as compulsory or permissive. Transfer of the jurisdiction of antitrust counterclaims from the regional courts of appeals to the Federal Circuit; Logical relationship of Walker Process claims to...