Facts, figures, & findings
- DVD Sales Continue Strong. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct98, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the strong sales of DVD units in the United States in 1998, according to the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association.
- DVD Players Sell Well. // Information Today;Mar98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p27
Reports that digital video disc (DVD) players were sold at a higher price that those recorded for the videocassette and compact disc when they first appeared on the market, according to the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association. Number of DVDs already sold; Analysts' prediction...
- Divx, we hardly knew you. Heller, Laura // Discount Store News;7/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p36
Reports on the decision of Circuit City to cancel Digital Video Express and its Divx technology. Opposition faced by Divx; Implications of the announcement on retailers who signed on to Divx; Impact of Divx on the adoption of digital versatile disc (DVD) technology; Comments from Jeff Joseph of...
- DVD copyright issues remain unsettled. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;5/11/96, Vol. 108 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the Information Technology Industry Council's (ITIC) opposition to the copyright-protection legislation proposed by the Motion Picture Association of America and the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association to protect digitized movies from being copied onto analog tape. ITIC's...
- Computer group questions DVD copy-protection proposal. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;4/13/96, Vol. 108 Issue 15, p5
Reports on a proposal presented by the Motion Picture Association of America and the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association as the first step toward a digital video recording copy protection act. Information Technologies Industry council's attempt to scuttle the proposal unless it has a...
- ROVING REPORTERS. Williams, David E. // DV: Digital Video;Dec2007, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Robert M. Goodman on the IBC media tech confab and another by Jay Holben on digital video production and post-production.
- MPEG digital video technology and testing. Ruiu, Dragos // Telecom Asia;Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the efforts of Digital Audio Video Council (DAVIC) to standardize a set of interoperable specifications for a digital video architecture. Division of video architecture into discrete components; Digital video testing; Video encoding tests; Transport testing; Customer premises...
- New Steeleye Span The 35th Anniversary World Tour 2004 DVD. // English Dance & Song;Spring2005, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p24
Reviews the DVD of the "The 35th Anniversary World Tour," of Steeleye Span.
- Where There's a Will, There's a 4K. HARVEY, STEVE // Systems Contractor News;Jan2014, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p60
The article previews the Ultra High Definition (UHD) video format also known as 4K.