Is CD-R writable DVD's Phantom Menace?
- Watch your assets. // EDN;6/21/2001 Supplement, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pLL5
Features Alera Technologies' DVD Cruiser digital video disc random access memory device. Key specifications; Functionality.
- My reality check bounced. Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p76
Opinion. Presents the author's view on digital versatile disc (DVD) technology. Why she thinks that the technology is not real yet; Her opinion on digital versatile disc-random access memory (DVD-RAM).
- writable DVD and ROADS not TAKEN. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Comments on the digital video disc-random access memory (DVD-RAM). Difference of the technology from DVD-R; Information on analogous DVD-RAM products.
- By Jupiter, it's jukebox. // Management Services;Oct99, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p47
This article presents information about the first compact disc (CD) cum digital video disc (DVD) jukebox called Jupiter, introduced by NSM Jukebox Ltd. It offers data storage capacity between 200 Gigabytes and 1.8 Terabytes depending on the drive configuration and choice of media. For CD Jupiter...
- Hitachi GF-1050 DVD-RAM drive. Taylor, Nathan // Australian Personal Computer;Apr98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on a test conducted on Hitachi company's GF-1050 digital-versatile-disk (DVD) random-access-memory (RAM) drive. Examination of DVD-RAM drive in Australia; Public confusion over DVD-RAM; Information on the DVD-Forum's DVD-RAM standard. INSET: Hitachi GF-1050 DVD-RAM drive.
- What's the Single, Most Important Item I Should Look at When Buying a New Computer for Business Use? Jones, Caleb // National Public Accountant;Aug2003, p23
Presents advice on the factors to consider in purchasing a computer for business use. Amount of random access memory; Benefits of a CD or DVD burner; Price of the flat screen monitor; Speed of the processor.
- Burn Your Own DVDs. Komando, Kim // Popular Mechanics;Aug99, Vol. 176 Issue 8, p36
Presents information on digital video disc-random access memory (DVD-RAM) drives. Difference with a compact disc-ROM (CD-ROM); Cost; Significance of the Small Computer System Interface (SCSI); Installation; What to get.
- DVD-RAM In CES Spotlight For Panasonic. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the exhibition of the DVD-RAM products of Panasonic at the 2001 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Camcorder based on the DVD-RAM disc format; DMR-E10 recording deck; Video players.
- BEST SELLERS. // Bulletin with Newsweek;6/21/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6475, p78
The article focuses on compact discs, books and films in news. Performer Paul Kelly's "Foggy Highway," is one of the bestsellers. Other bestsellers include the book "Freddy: The Brad Fittler Story," and the film "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith," directed by George Lucas.