Directory services: it's the softer side that sells
- Novell adds LDAP Version 2.0 to NDS. // PC Week;1/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p61
Reports that Novell Inc. is shipping an update to Novell Directory Services (NDS) to support Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Version 2.0. Features; Contact point.
- Novell wraps NDS up in a blanket of security. Wirthman, Lisa // PC Week;1/20/97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Novell Inc. plans to introduce in March 1997 a way to deliver security services on top of its directory services software. The proposed security features for the Novell Directory Services (NDS); Novell's strategy; The relationship of NDS with NetWare. INSET: Next steps for NDS..
- Ask Dr. Intranet. Bass, Steve // Network World;10/02/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p53
Presents a question and answer advisory on computer networks. Queries on Service Location Protocol of Novell 5.1 server system; Comparison between Novell and Windows servers; Features of Novell Directory Services.
- Directories from Novell and Netscape tap LDAP. Wirthman, Lisa // PC Week;1/6/97, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Announces products supporting Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). Novell Inc.'s update of its Novell Directory Services (NDS); The shipping from Netscape Communications Corp. of a new version of its LDAP-based directory for Windows NT; The role of LDAP as providing a universal way to...
- LDAP is key to bridging NetWare and NT. Krill, Paul // InfoWorld;9/16/96, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p16
Reports on Novell Inc.'s reliance on the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for the initial implementation of its Novell Directory Services (NDS) on Windows NT. Use of LDAP to link Windows NT applications to the directory; Plans to replace the directory domain structure on Windows NT.
- Novell links NDS with desktop management. Fitzloff, Emily // InfoWorld;02/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p44
Features Novell Inc.'s release of Zero Effort Networks or Zen Works to offer greater manageability via Novell Directory Services (NDS). Customization of applications; Use of directory to offer policy-based desktop management; Benefits of a network computer.
- SLP begins to see light of day. Collora, Salvatore // PC Week;01/05/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p88
Reports that Novell Inc. has announced plans to use the Service Location Protocol (SLP) for the discovery, naming and integration of services into Novell Directory Services (NDS). SLP able to reduce bandwidth and administration loads; Allows clients to transparently locate services; Necessity...
- NDS: Key to overburdened IS. Wirthman, Lisa // PC Week;2/3/97, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p51
Reports that the Plano Independent School District in Texas has turned to Novell Inc.'s Novell Directory Services (NDS) to manage their computer system, because of the rapid growth in the district. Details about the setup from Milton Ramsey, director of technical support services; Details about...
- NDS: Technical difficulties. Chowdhry, Pankaj // PC Week;03/08/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the difficulties Novell Inc. is experiencing in the development of its Novell Directory Services (NDS). Lack of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) in NDS for NT; The difficulties faced in creating hierarchical directories; Pressures Novell is under from competition. INSET:...