Will DIVX Ever Be Welcomed into the DVD Family?
- Bring on the Night. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia;Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
Presents forecasts for the electronic media industry in 2000. Promises of Plextor company; Potential of digital video disc-random access memory.
- THE soft OPTION. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/01/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6272, p65
Predicts that digital movies and other forms of digital entertainment will make it to the mainstream of Australian society by the end of 2001. Formats of digital movies; Access of Australians to high-speed bandwidth; Encryption algorithms placed in digital video discs; Consumer rights in...
- facts, figures & findings. Manafy, Michelle // EMedia Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
Covers news briefs on the electronic industry in the United States as of August 2001. Predicted growth of digital media servers; Consumer interest in home networking; Sales performance of digital video disc manufacturers for the month of April 2001.
- new products. // EMedia Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p16
Introduces several digital media products released in the market as of August 2000. Upgrade of ImageAutomator 105 compact disc-recordable (CD-R) production system from Microtech company; CD recording software CD WonderWriter for the Macintosh computer from Merkerks company; Automatic CD sleever...
- Who is DVD's One True Master? Fritz, Mark // EMedia Professional;Aug99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p38
Presents information on Digital Linear Tape (DLT), a digital media for digital video disc (DVD). Significance of DLT; How DLT was used in DVD projects replicated by Nimbus CD International, a technicolor company; Impact of DLT to DVD developers that work with DVD-ROM rather than DVD-Video.
- Welcome to the Age of Digital Darwinism. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;4/4/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p14
Discusses the accessibility of DVD players to automobile drivers. Factors that contribute to the increasing number of obese people in the U.S.; Need to develop some advance sense that lets people drive safely while watching DVD or working on a computer.
- facts, figures, & findings. Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Presents updates on the digital media industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Number of manufacturer-to-dealer video products sold in June 2002; Increase in the sales of blank compact disc media during the first five months of 2002; Findings of a study on the significance of digital...
- Welcome to the Digital Mainstream. Moore, Andy // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, pS2
Discusses issues of interest to digital studio professionals in the U.S. as of April 2003. Views on the specific applications of digital technology in the corporate market; Factors that drive the adoption of digital in the business market; Other functions of DVD-read access memory.
- Facts, figures & findings. Manafy, Michelle // EMedia;Dec99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p14
Presents updates on the electronic media as of December 1999. Performance of the removable storage market; Shipment of digital video disc players by the DVD Video Group; Overview of the study results about the impact accidental deletions of data in a corporation.