The Lost Media: Where's DVD-ROM?
- Print me beautiful. Block, Debbie Galante // EMedia Professional;Aug97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the techniques and technological innovations in compact disc labeling. Alternative methods in disc printing; Information on the holographic labeling offered by Nimbus Manufacturing Inc.; Use of DVD technology in printing; Estimated costs of printing techniques. INSET: Manufacturer...
- Nimbus's anti-piracy holography replication: Stunning. // CD-ROM Professional;May96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p23
Reports on Nimbus Manufacturing's introduction of anti-piracy holography options in the replication of discs. Development of three-dimensional (3-D) id technology together with Applied Holographics PLC; Edge-to-Edge and Security Band approaches; Application of the Nimbus holographic technique...
- Commercial production of DVD-9 discs now available from Nimbus. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p25
Reports on Nimbus Manufacturing Inc.'s commercial production of digital versatile disc (DVD)-9 discs. Remarks from John Town, vice president of research and development; Annual worldwide DVD production capacity.
- Replicator Nimbus going slow to get its piece of the DVD pie. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;08/23/97, Vol. 109 Issue 34, p87
Reports on developments in the growing market for digital video, or DVD, the digital versatile disc. Comments from Paula Tait of Nimbus Manufacturing in Charlottesville, Virginia, on the merits of slow development; Profile of Nimbus' DVD customers; Focus of Nimbus; Titles in DVD from Sony Music...
- Check weigher is music to their ears. // Design Engineering;Oct98, p71
Deals with the compact disc's check weigher machine developed by Balance Systems for Nimbus Manufacturing company. How the machine works; Application benefits.
- Hologram printing to thwart piracy. Verna, Paul // Billboard;9/30/95, Vol. 107 Issue 39, p43
Reports on Nimbus Manufacturing Inc.'s introduction of a process called 3-Di.D that allows the printing of holograms on the surface of a compact disc (CD). Aim of counteracting piracy; Joint venture with Applied Holographics; Covert imaging capability; Features; Graphic impact.
- Optibase, Nimbus, Technicolor, SPA sponsor DVD Pro. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p28
Reports on Optibase, Nimbus Manufacturing Inc., Technicolor Inc. and the Software Publishers Association's sponsorship of the DVD Pro Conference & Exhibition held on August 31 and September 1, 1998 in Santa Barbara, California.
- Three companies expand their CD production capacities. // Information Today;Nov96, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p20
Reports that Nimbus Manufacturing Incorporated, Kao Infosystems Company, and Rimage Services Group have increased their CD production capacities. Information on the various plants; When the companies first got into CD production; Comments from various officials from the companies.
- Queens Group introduces new multi-material jewel case. // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p29
Introduces a product called Q-Pack jewel case from Queens Group Inc. Its features; Number of Q-Pack units that can be produced by Queens Group's Indiana plant per day.