- Group Forms As DVD Recording Efforts Start In Japan. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/29/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the establishment of the RW Products Promotion Initiative (RWP-PI) to develop promotional activities for products based on the DVD-RW disc recording format. Hardware and disc manufacturers comprising the group; Goals of the group; DVD product launches of Matsushita Electric...
- OEM DVD-A/V Arriving Soon. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/9/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p74
Reports on the business of audio-visual digital video discs (DVD). Plans of Delphi Corp. to demonstrate various consumer electronic products.
- Technologies converge in new products. Epstein, Jeffrey H. // Futurist;Nov98, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p12
Discusses the growing trends in combining several devices to create and advance personal consumer electronics. Combination of television and computer; Increased in sales of digital versatile discs; Personal communicator developed by Cambridge Consultants company; Problems faced in forecasting...
- Prognostications For 2001. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p20
Forecasts developments in the consumer electronics (CE) industry in the United States for 2001. Effect of the DVD+RW, RW, -RAM competition on digital video recording growth; Introduction of flash memory-based products; Support of CE companies for home networking; Inclusion of DVD-Audio in...
- RANDOM play. Fenton, Brian C. // Sound & Vision;May2003, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p16
Presents updates on the advances in audio and video home electronics as of May 2003. DVD recorders released by Panasonic; High-definition DVD recorder from Blu-ray; Development of a computer software that can produce audio from images of long-playing albums scanned on a flatbed scanner. INSET:...
- DVD Recorders. Vizard, Frank; Booth, Stephen A. // Popular Science;Apr99, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p55
Focuses on the increasing popularity of digital versatile disc (DVD) recorders. Organization that oversees the standards and licensing of DVD products; Consumer product companies that support DVD; Formats of DVD.
- Is DVD-Recording The Next Trend? Garrity, Brian // Billboard;4/6/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p60
Discusses whether DVD-recording will become a trend comparable to the mass phenomenon of recording music to blank CDs. Technology being produced by consumer electronics manufacturers and software developers designed to tap into this consumer interest; Comments of Tom Shea, chief operating...
- Four Firms Work On High-Def DV Format. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the announcement of collaboration plans by four Japanese electronics companies to develop a system of specifications for recording and playing back high-definition digital video on DV-standard cassette tapes. Companies included in the group; Basic specifications of the format;...
- MOBILE BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p34
Features consumer electronics products from various manufacturers in the United States. DVD player playing MP3 files by Accele; ClearVue modular components system by Rosen Product; Compact disc-rewritable discs by Majestic.