Media, mastering, replicating & packaging
- Who is DVD's One True Master? Fritz, Mark // EMedia Professional;Aug99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p38
Presents information on Digital Linear Tape (DLT), a digital media for digital video disc (DVD). Significance of DLT; How DLT was used in DVD projects replicated by Nimbus CD International, a technicolor company; Impact of DLT to DVD developers that work with DVD-ROM rather than DVD-Video.
- Nimbus to manufacture DVD. Howarth, Heather // Pro Sound News;Aug96, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p19
Reports on Nimbus CD International's installation of digital videodisc (DVD) equipment in its plants in South Wales and the United States. DVD production capabilities; Expected increase in production due to capital infusion; Contact information.
- Verbatim Reveals Full Line of DVD Media. // EMedia Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the expanded line of DataLifePlus DVD media of Verbatim company. Retail prices.
- The DVD Test Disc. // Image Technology;May1999, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p29
The article features the DVD Test Disc developed by Great Britain-based Tektronix Inc., Electric Switch and Nimbus Co. It contains pre-coded video sequences as used by the Tektronix PQA200 Picture Quality Analysis system. The disc may be played in any DVD player to enable measurement of Picture...
- Nimbus opens Provo plant. Pemberton, Heather // CD-ROM Professional;Feb95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p89
Reports on Nimbus CD International's opening of a state-of-the-art compact disc (CD) manufacturing facility in Provo, Utah.
- You're not hallucinating. M.A. // Popular Science;Dec95, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p35
Looks at the holographic CDs. Comments from John Town, corporate director of Research and Development for Nimbus CD International; Nimbus' expectations.
- Movies to feature on double-density CD. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;2/6/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1859, p20
Reports that Nimbus, the British record manufacturer, recently demonstrated that it is now possible to store a full-length feature film with a stereo soundtrack on one side of a standard 12-centimeter CD. What is needed to play the film; What the conventional CD was designed for; When it...
- Nimbus trims down to beef up capacity. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;3/31/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Nimbus CD International Incorporated is consolidating operations in the western United States. Increase in its annual domestic capacity to 185-million compact discs; Comments from Lyndon J. Faulkner, president and chief executive officer; Nimbus' acquisition of an 82,...
- Shipped Discs: New Rewritable DVD Media Brands Released. Clark Jr., Stephen // EMedia Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the release of three rewritable digital video disc (DVD) media brand. DVD-R General and Authoring media from Maxell; DataLife Plus DVD+RW media from Verbatim Corporation; DVD recordable discs from Sony Electronics.