The litigation ledger
- Media Players by the Numbers. Daily, Geoff // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p8
Discusses issues concerning the market for freely downloadable media players. Background on the metrics cited by major media players regarding the total number of downloads from their Web sites; Information on the market share of several media players, including the Microsoft Windows Media...
- Keep Microsoft Bundled Up. // Christian Science Monitor;7/3/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 153, p10
Editorial. Comments on the United States appeals court ruling that overturned a decision to split Microsoft Corp. in two, and suggests that there are advantages in the company seeking a court remedy rather than a settlement.
- Microsoft request for Fed. Circuit review of suit nixed. Mintz, Jessica // Buffalo Law Journal;4/8/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the rejection of the federal appeals court on the request of Microsoft Corp.'s to conduct a review on the 290 million U.S. dollar patent ruling in Seattle, Washington.
- HP loses Colossal suit; speeds up DesignJets. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;01/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p19
Reports on developments with Hewlett-Packard. Ordering of HP to pay Colossal Graphics in damages in a suit in which Colossal alleged that HP broke a 1996 agreement; Faster print speeds realized by HP's DesignJet 3000CP printers when used with external, productivity-tuned RIPs.
- Microsoft court battle: Unfair competition or free enterprise? // Christian Science Monitor;4/22/98, Vol. 90 Issue 102, p18
Reports statements made at an April 21, 1998 appeals court hearing in the lawsuit between Microsoft Corp. and the United States government. Prior judgment about the bundling of Windows 95 with the Microsoft Internet Explorer; When a ruling is expected from the appeals court; Views of Microsoft...
- Gates Skates. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;Feb2002, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p36
No abstract available.
- Microsoft ruling doesn't end debate. // Pensions & Investments;08/04/97, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p27
Presents information on the lawsuit against Microsoft Corporation in Redmond, Washington. Reasons for the court proceedings; Amount of persons involved in the lawsuit; Information on the ruling by the 9th United States Circuit Court of Appeals, San Francisco.
- States pursue Microsoft. // State Government News;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p7
Reports the states in the U.S. that filed antitrust claims against Microsoft regarding the issue of whether the company's antitrust case settlement would protect other companies from Microsoft's business practices.
- Judge in Microsoft case confuses competitors and competition. Sowell // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/15/99, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p26
Focuses on the ruling in the antitrust case against Microsoft Corp. Specific laws that the company violated; Definition of monopoly.