XML authoring tools: small, medium, or large?
- Getting a Grip on WORD Files: What Do MS Word, Styles, Section 508, and XML Have in Common? Davis, April Michelle // Key Words;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p55
The article focuses on how styles within the word processing programs can be used to create more user friendly files for XML coders and desktop publishers. It states that styles must be modified relative to the clients preference on the appearance of a particular file. It mentions that using...
- I want it all. Horey, Jeremy // Australian Personal Computer;Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p44
Predicts an end to the era of personal productivity software. Shift towards tools that communicate bits instead of manipulating them; Limitations of the Lotus Notes software; Extensible Markup Language-enabled spreadsheet and word processor programs.
- Take Full Advantage of the New XML Format in Word 2007. Lasky, Michael S. // PCWorld;Feb2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p137
The article offers tips for the optimal use of the new XML Format in Word 2007. When saving files in the default .docx format of Word 2007, one is actually saving a compressed or zipped file containing several different XML documents. This XML format improves on the binary formats found in...
- XML Schema will speed adoption. Dyck, Timothy // eWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p99
Focuses on the importance of Extensive Markup Language (XML) Schema in the business applications of XML in the United States. Addition of business constraints to the XML document definitions; Availability of software applications performing database-driven validation of XML data; Services...
- Trends in XML Software. Houser, Alan R. // Intercom;Jan2001, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p16
Examines the changing practices in the development and use of XML markup language software. Overview of authoring tools used for data design; Publishing options for authors; Enumeration of the expected features of XML publishing software. INSET: About the World Wide Web Consortium..
- Ecosystems' 'The Environment': Product Development Interface For XML Content Management. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on The Environment XML-authoring software from New York City-based Ecosystems. Features and functions of the software; Company background; LiveOutline feature of the software; Visual Clipboard-related features.
- Celebrate's XML/Designer. Alexander, George // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;12/30/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p23
Features the software Celebrate/XML Designer. Capability to process XML data; Product specification; Efficiency in performing XML-based transactions.
- XML everywhere. Margulius, David L. // InfoWorld;10/28/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p44
Discusses the advantages of XML proliferation to content management. Threat of XML to content management companies; Information on traditional content management solutions; Details of the XML Schema. INSET: THE BOTTOM LINE.
- MediaBin adds XML support. Parsons, John // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Mar2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p23
Reports the addition of XML data support in the Imageware software of brand and image management developer MediaBin. Reason underlying the adoption of XML; Use of MediaBin system by marketing communications departments; Cost benefits of using specific images; Call for an automated...