For Training & Education
- The Case for Consistent DVD Navigation. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia Professional;May99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p34
Discusses the lack of operational uniformity and consistency in the digital video disc (DVD)-Video market in the United States. Sales status of DVD-Video; Steps in eliminating confusion in DVD-Video titles; Explanation on the navigational basic of DVD-Video.
- DVD magic: merging with past masters. Gray, Timothy M. // Daily Variety;9/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 5, p19
Provides insights on the collection of digital video discs (DVD). Notion on the immortality of DVD; Appreciation for the digital technology; Comparison of DVD with video-on-demand.
- DVD: From zero to 1 million units in under three years. // Discount Store News;1/4/99, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p73
Presents information on digital video discs (DVD). Number of units sold from March 1997 to the beginning of 1999; Information on the events from its journey from marketing concept to its mass market introduction; Date when the first DVD-ROM game titles were announced.
- DVD technology ahead of its merchandise. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;4/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the adoption of digital-versatile-disc (DVD) technology in the United States. Highlights of the International Recording Media Association 2000 forum; Market demand for DVD.
- a few NOTES on production QUALITY. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p48
Discusses the quality of digital video disc (DVD) production. Experts who must be involved in DVD production; Suggestions for making DVD products.
- More schools using videodisc players. // Computers in Libraries;Oct93, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p53
Reports on Market Data Retrieval's survey of kindergarten through grade 12 school districts and public schools concerning their use of videodisc players. School-level growth rate of videodisc players between 1991 and 1993; Percentage of public schools with various level units using videodisc...
- Philips' New DVD Player Designed for Professional Applications. // EMedia Professional;Jan1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p26
Introduces Philips DVD170, a digital video disc player for professional applications. Availability of multistandard video capabilities and connectivity options; Applications for point-of-scale/information kiosks, training systems, site-based advertising and education; Provision of dual-laser...
- Japan is site of DVD's world premiere. McClure, Steve // Billboard;07/12/97, Vol. 109 Issue 28, p58
Reports on the sales of the Digital Video Disk (DVD) in Japan. List of the seven Japanese electronics makers currently manufacturing DVDs; Pioneer's marketing of the DVD-LD which in addition to the Digital Video Disk also has a laser disk;The move to recordable DVDs; Sony's development of a DVD.
- Starting over. Newsome, Clare // Sight & Sound;Jan2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p63
Talks about the market for Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) players and discs in Great Britain as of January 2001. Advantages and features of DVD players; Prices of the two models of DVD players; Quality of film discs available in the market.