No Dance shimmies DVD across a new frontier
- Karlovy vary fest sets maiden market. Meils, Cathy // Variety;02/02/98, Vol. 369 Issue 12, p15
Announces the holding of the Karlovy Vary film festival in Prague. Schedule of the event; Focus of the event.
- Miami film festival. Geist, Kenneth L. // Films in Review;1994, Vol. 45 Issue 3/4, p38
Presents summaries of the motion pictures presented at the 1994 film festival in Miami, Florida. `Belle Epoque'; `Betrayal'; `BackBeat'; `When I Close My Eyes'; `Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould'; `Four Weddings and a Funeral'; `The Act in Question.'
- NORTHERN LIMELIGHT. Kelly, Brendan // Variety;9/3/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the problems facing the organizers of the 2001 Toronto International Film Festival and the festival exhibitors. High-profile films made in Hollywood, California that went on to only modest box office success after their Toronto screening; Comments from Alliance Atlantis' Patrice...
- Tales of smouldering hate. Lawrenson, Edward // Sight & Sound;Feb99, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on the Mannheim-Heidelberg International Film Festival in Great Britain in 1999. Details on the event; Motion pictures included in the festival; Information on selected films and directors.
- FILM FESTIVALS FOR THE REST OF US. McLaughlin, Lisa // Time;6/5/2006, Vol. 167 Issue 23, p75
This article reports on the rapid growth rate of the number of film festivals in the U.S. The number has risen from about 100 in the early 1990s to over 600. The author references the Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France.
- Marrakesh jury nabs Rampling. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/11/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 48, p45
Reports on the appointment of British actress Charlotte Rampling as head of the jury of the inaugural Marrakesh International Film Festival to be held September 28-October 2, 2001 in Morocco. Stint of the actress in at Cannes International Film Festival; Members of the Marrakesh jury; Patronage...
- Lights, camera, interaction. AGOVINO, THERESA // Crain's New York Business;4/8/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p25
The article discusses exhibits at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival in New York City that will showcase interactive technologies that incorporate audiences and feature films set for screening, which include "Before Midnight," "Big Men," and "Mistaken for Strangers."
- Indonesian Film Festival. // Filipino Post;5/20/2010, p4
The article offers information on the Indonesian Film Festival (I.F.F.) to be held on May 22-23, 2010 at Pacific Cinematheque Theatre, which will be screening an independent film and three feature films.
- Sleepless in South Asia. Lamble, David // Bay Area Reporter;11/10/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p17
The article offers information on the 9th annual San Francisco International South Asian Film Festival, which highlights the motion picture industry of countries like India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Karlovy Vary Banks on 'Friends'. Meils, Cathy // Variety;07/19/99, Vol. 375 Issue 9, p16
Highlights the 1999 Karlovy Vary Film Festival in the Czech Republic. Comments on the motion picture industry of Eastern Europe; Films that were given recognition during the event; Reception given to the motion picture `Pelisky.'