Facts, figures, & findings
- Financial services firm expands Murray HQ. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/22/97, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p3
Reports that financial services firm Merrill Scott & Associates has expanded its headquarters in Murray, Utah. Location of the company's new headquarters; Size of the company's new facility; Number of people presently employed by the company; Firm specialties.
- PC home usage seen rising. // Electronic News;04/27/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2216, p42
Cites the increase in the usage of personal computers (PC) in the United States. PC penetration among households with children; Industry's expansion of product choices and addition of distribution channels.
- PCs Showing Surpricing Strength. Hesseldahl, Arik // Electronic News;04/26/99, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the global surge of personal computer (PC) shipments during the first quarter of 1999. Profits of PC makers; Projected growth of PC unit shipments by 2002; Rise in total hardware revenues.
- Lower prices, Internet spark computer sales. Setlow, Carolyn // Discount Store News;10/26/98, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p17
Discusses the status of the home computer market in the United States. Factors attributed to the growth of the market; Percentage of Roper survey respondents who plan to buy a computer in 1999; Demographic profile of individuals who plan to acquire computers; Reasons for owning a computer.
- Gateway a dead end. Howarth, Brad // BRW;9/6/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p22
Reports on the global slowdown in sales of personal computers in Australia. Overview of the computer industry; Financial performance of companies; Operations.
- Fast Facts: Sub-$1,000 PCs. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p20
Presents information on personal computers available for less than $1,000 in the United States as of March 27, 2000. Entry level; Midrange; High end; Features; Prices; Examples.
- Consumer-Direct PC Sales Surge. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the surge in personal computer (PC) sales in 1999 in the United States. Market share held by online and direct retailers; Impact of Internet service provider rebates on sales; Percent change in sales by type of outlet. INSET: High-Profile PC Vendors Lose Steam.
- Mixed fortunes in PC sales. Yiacoumi, Roulla // Australian Personal Computer;Jun99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the performance of the worldwide personal-computer market in the first quarter of 1999. Continued strength of the Japanese market in the consumer segment; Decline in Compaq Computer Corp.'s market share; Growth experienced by Dell Computer Corp.
- Smart Features. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;01/04/99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p42
Presents information on several equipment from the computer industry of the United States. Features of the WebPAD tablet of the Cyrix Corp.; Target market of the Dreamcast game console of the Sega of America; How the TelMail of the Sharp Electronics Corp. works.