Pirates, do you Copy Protection schemes from industry heavy-hitters compete for market attention
- RIAA touts success in CD crackdown. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;10/9/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 27, p4
Reports the effort of the Recording Industry Association of America to prevent compact discs (CD) piracy in the United States. Confiscation of counterfeit CD; Percentage of arrests related to music counterfeiting; Coordination between the RIAA and law enforcement authorities.
- The song remains the same. Cheng, Kipp // Adweek Midwest Edition;03/08/99, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the Recording Industry Association of America's Secure Distribution of Music Initiative. Attempt to stem the growing tide of music piracy and copyright infringement; Proliferation of Web sites offering free downloads of music files; Quality of the MP3 format.
- Viewpoint. // Music Week;12/25/2010, Issue 51, p3
In this article the author discusses the need for decisive action and measures to stop digital piracy and boost the digital entertainment market in Great Britain.
- RIAA seeks packaging ID code. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;7/17/93, Vol. 105 Issue 29, p120
Reports on the Recording Industry Association of America's (RIAA) requirement for an identification system for audio products. Cassette and compact disc (CD) authenticity seal; Evaluation of proposals; Independent study.
- Antipiracy pitch hits 'em where they work. Oppelaar, Justin // Variety;10/28/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the antipiracy campaigns of executives from the film and music industries. Letters sent by the Motion Picture Association of America and the Recording Industry Association of America to corporate chief executive officers.
- Turkewitz Travels Globe Foiling Pirates. Holland, Bill // Billboard;3/9/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the Recording Industry Association of America's (RIAA) semi-annual report about the international impact of piracy on the entertainment industry. Efforts of the RIAA to urge the United States government to stop the piracy of copyrighted materials; Comments from copyright lawyer Neal...
- Lawmaker Decries RIAA For Campaign Over MOCA. Holland, Bill // Billboard;10/13/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 41, p8
Reports that United States Representative Chris Cannon of Utah, who co-sponsored the Music Online Copyright Act, has criticized the Recording Industry Association of America for opposing the bill because of the timing of the campaign. Proximity of their opposition to terrorist attacks against...
- RIAA, feds raid giant pirate op in Queens. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;12/12/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 49, p6
Reports on the raid conducted by U.S. Secret Service agents with the Recording Industry Association of America on a factory of pirated compact discs and DVD in New York City. Number of CD-rom and DVD seized; Arrest of several people; Effort of reducing piracy during the holiday season. INSET: 26.
- Sales, Shipments Drop In First Half. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;9/7/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the sale of music recordings as of September 7, 2002. Percentage in the decrease of music shipments; Factors that cause the decline in music sales; Efforts of the Recording Industry Association of America to prevent music piracy in the U.S.