The Silence of History
- Which Came First? Ball, Jacqueline A.; Kaufman, Gabriel // Communication Inventions: From Hieroglyphics to DVDs;2006, p21
The article provides a brief historical background on the creation of compact disc (CD) and digital versatile disc (DVD). The idea for CDs was formed by James Russell in 1965. A number of companies have worked together to invent the DVD. The uses of CDs and DVDs are discussed, as well as the...
- How to make a killing in CDs. Csatari, Jeffrey // Men's Health;Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p33
Presents information on mail-order companies with the best overall prices and selection in compact discs (CD) software. Savings made from manufacturer's suggested retail price.
- Hot box. // Texas Monthly;Jan96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p22
Reports on new products in Texas.
- Manufacturers increase capacity for continuing strong... // EMedia Professional;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p30
Reports on several optical-media companies that will increase their compact disc (CD) and compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) production. Sony Disc Manufacturing; Nimbus Manufacturing Inc.; Beta Graphics Corp.
- CD media compatibility. // Macworld;Feb1997, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p44
Features data on CD media compatibility. Media include audio CD, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-R2, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, and DVD-RAM; Data on maximum capacity of several drives.
- Truly Floppy Disc. Scaduto, Teri // Sound & Vision;Jun2002, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p18
Features flexCD, a compact disc that is faster to produce than standard compact disc, from flexstorm. Description of the compact disc.
- Disc Inferno. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p64
Deals with the purchasing of compact disc-rewritable (CD-RW) discs. Advantages of CD-RW; Information on Toshiba SD-R1002 and Plextor PlexWriter 12/10/32A; Prices of CD-RW discs.
- CDs to burn. // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/30/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6259, p70
Presents answers to queries about recordable CD-ROM discs. Advantages of using recordable compact discs over other data storage formats such as floppies and Zip discs; Requirements in making a compact disc containing personal files; Possibility of playing a recordable CD-ROM disc in any player.
- A burning question. Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p58
Gives advice on the factors to be considered when buying an equipment for burning compact discs.