DVD-audio: is MUSIC next?
- Stop, Hey, What's That Sound. Partyka, Jeff // EMedia Professional;Jan1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the importance of the digital video disc (DVD) technology on sound recording. Replacement of stereo with the multichannel surround sound system; Improvement of quality, video and textual content; Finalization and release of the Version 1.0 of the DVD-Audio specifications.
- DVD Creation. Miller, Dennis; Armbrust, Chris // Electronic Musician;May2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p40
Presents an overview of the process involved in creating digital video discs (DVD). Importance of transcoding files for burning; Methods used in selecting authoring packages; Designation used to measure the DVD burning speed.
- THE INSIDE Track. Miller, Dennis; Armbrust., Chris // Electronic Musician;May2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the process involved in creating digital video discs (DVD). Conversion of media files from native format to MPEG-2; Selection of authoring packages according to features; Designation used to measure the DVD burning speed. INSETS: MANUFACTURER CONTACTS;ANATOMY OF A DISC;TOP 10...
- WHAT ABOUT DVD-AUDIO? Hall, Gary // Electronic Musician;May2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p48
Focuses on the emergence of digital video disc(DVD)-audio technology. Comparison with DVD-Video functions; Emphasis on audio fidelity; Provision of navigation features to appeal to the music listener. INSET: DVD-Video Versus DVD-Audio.
- DVD-audio: Coming soon to 5.1 speakers near You. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p70
Announces that DVD-Audio-capable hardware is finally available in October 1999. Two primary areas that DVD-Audio specification addresses; Important features and advantages offered; View of manufacturers and record companies on the hardware.
- Technology: the unsigned Musician's best Friend. Partyka, Jeff // EMedia;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p76
Reveals the benefits received by an amateur songwriter and musician from MP3 audio technology and mp3.com Web page. Discussion on digital recording in the home; Percentage of the CD sales revenue generated through MP3.com that goes to the artist.
- DVD-Audio: the MYTH of HIGH-RESOLUTION. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p62
Deals with the emergence of the digital video disc (DVD)-Audio format as an alternative to the compact disc (CD) format. Digitization scheme and parameters associated with CD technology; Why 96kHz/24 bit source recordings are not the centerpiece of the DVD-Audio format; Quality of DVD-Audio format.
- Fixing a Hole. Ranada, David // Sound & Vision;Jan2003, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p39
Focuses on remixing of songs for multichannel release on either digital video disc-Audio or Super Audio compact disc. Challenge facing music producers and engineers in remixing a classic multitrack recording; Information on the remixing techniques used in Madonna's 'Ray of Light' and Bach's...
- Chicago Recording enters DVD authoring with the `Lab.' Verna, Paul // Billboard;06/13/98, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p63
Reports that the Chicago Recording Company (CRC) has become the first major facility in Chicago to open a DVD authoring studio. What CRC's DVD Lab is designed to serve; The centerpiece of the DVD studio; Alterations and equipment changes undergone by the studio to prepare it for the technology;...