Building ROM in a day
- DVD Title Return Rates: Not the Return of CD-ROM. Block, Debbie Galante // EMedia;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p22
Reports the effect of replicator devices to digital video disc (DVD) technology. Problems associated with DVD-Read Only Memory discs; Comparison between DVD and compact disc.
- Memory-Tech, Toshiba Develop New Disc To Play HD And DVD. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/20/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p4
This article reports on the partnership between Memory-Tech and Toshiba for the development of a dual-layer read-only memory (ROM) disc that can store content in both the high-density digital videodisc (HD DVD) and DVD formats. The newly developed ROM disc has a single-sided, dual layer...
- DVD Writer Handles Double-layer Disks. // Electronic Design;8/18/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p38
Evaluates the optical disks DVD Writer from Toshiba Corp. Information that Toshiba's optical drives come with the LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology, which supports DVD+R double-layer write capability; Inclusion of the 6X SD-R5372V DVD-W writer and the slim-line SD-C2732 DVD-ROM for...
- Holostorage. Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Oct2009, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p18
The article offers information on the discovery by General Electric Co. that developed a material that can store data holographically. It mentions that the material can store up to a capacity of 500 gigabytes on a disc the size of a Blu-ray or DVD. It notes that the whole volume of a specialized...
- Static ROM. Eady, Fred // Electronics Now;Dec93, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p66
Describes the design of a Static-ROM project, an alternative to expensive, professional microcontroller emulation systems. Use of Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory technology; Parts list.
- FIR-filter scheme saves ROM storage space. Jalaludeen, C.A. // EDN;5/11/95, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p136
Presents a model which reduces the storage requirement for larger-order filters of read-only memory (ROM). Equation using FIR filters; Circuit implementation.
- It's all in the algorithm. McGoldrick, Paul // Electronic Design;7/22/96, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p70
Focuses on programming an EEPROM. Floating gates; Charge levels; Resistor strings; Cycle comparisons; Programming window.
- Interbank function calling in ROM banks. Baker, Kenneth // Electronic Design;1/22/96, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p124
Presents software design ideas for multiple read-only memory (ROM) banks. Use of mutually exclusive control lines; Calling of functions across banks; Bank-switching handler functions.
- Vendors keep busy in EpROM markets. Cataldo, Anthony // Electronic News;2/6/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2051, p58
Reports on the declining market for erasable programmable read only memory (EpROM) devices. Forecast for the market of EpROM in 1995 and 1997; Reduction in prices due to EpROM oversupply in 1994; Disappointing sales for flash memory devices that caused companies to shift production plans.