Can SAN make network History?
- Back me up. Els, Frik // Finance Week;07/05/02, p51
Reports the efficient storage of data according to the study by Berkeley University in the U.S. for storage company EMC. Estimation of 250 megabytes created by individuals yearly; Use of software tools for storage resource management and services; Approximation of 30 percent inefficiencies of...
- How to use the network as a storage device. Kallhof, Larry // Network World;02/02/98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p29
Reports on a concept called Storage Area Network (SAN), which could offer an answer to the increasing amount of data that needs to be stored in an enterprise network environment. How the system operates; What it consists of; Allowances of SAN; Other benefits of using this system. INSET: How it...
- SetUp. // eWeek;8/27/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p45
Focuses on the need for storage spaces. Installation of storage area network on companies; Examination of storage visualization technique; Evaluation of tuples as vital aspects on pattern-based retrieval in information technology systems.
- Europe evaluates push. Brunner, Todd // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Nov97, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p41
Reports on the issues raised during the first conference in Europe on the information retrieval technology via computer networks, called push technology, held in London, England on September 25 and 26, 1997. Differences between `push' and `intelligent pull' technologies; Potential of...
- The Find-It! Illinois controlled vocabulary: Improving access to government information through the Jessica subject tree. Craig, Anne; Schriar, Suzanne // Government Information Quarterly;2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p195
Focuses on the implementation of a subject tree to improve the information access on the Internet for the Find-It! Illinois Program. Development of a controlled vocabulary to maximize information retrieval; Tools necessary for improving online access methods based on the implementation of the...
- Better, faster Web searching. Seiter, Charles // Macworld;Dec1996, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p159
Offers advice for how to conduct better and faster searches on the World Wide Web. The use of Infoseek's Ultra site; Using boolean language to make searches narrow and specific; The use of metasearches; Software tools to use; Retrieve It 2.5; BBEdit Lite 3.51 and HTML Extensions r14; MacWeb;...
- Seek and Yahoo! shall find. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/23/96, Issue 39, pTD26
Reports on the intense competition among Internet search-engines, such as Yahoo!, Excite, Point, and Webscrawler Select. Attempts made to lure customers; Use of search-engines to locate information on various subjects.
- Don't go it alone with storage. Gittlen, Sandra // Network World;11/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p53
Comments on the company problems on storage networking in the United States. Collection of data on storage networking development; Importance of both storage-area network or network-attached storage; Advice on hiring integrators.
- The connection connection: What does it take to network the enterprise? Gustavson, Ron // EMedia Professional;Nov97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the history of computer networking and data storage. Mainframe computers as a timesharing model; Need for the scalable approach to the network; Features of Microsoft Windows NT Enterprise Edition; Use of thin server appliances.